Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

macha's contract negotiations - status

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: macha's contract negotiations - status
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 10:32 am:

Let's consolidate:
"http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/10/05/SPGE7F2OI81.DTL"

Here's the latest. This is going about as expected. BB submits proposal. Macha's counters. They are now farther apart then expected. BB says that this should be a quick negotiation and they should know quickly whether this will work or not......as they want to give macha time to look for other jobs and they need to find a replacement too...

this is SO expected.
Forces Macha to take less, or see you later, have fun. Job openings are closing quickly....this is getting interesting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 10:41 am:

Come on Balt take this Cacah off our hands! He and Byrnes can do a dance to that Motown song "Reunited and it feels so good!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 11:11 am:

doesn't matter if macha stays or leaves, they'll just bring in another stiff mgr. that's how it works here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 12:29 pm:

man i am not a pure macha hater but he has made some questionable decisions in the past and i think we need a fresh start. i would love washington but geren would be ok too and he coached a lot of these guys in AAA.

besides, i would rather the team spend lots of money on players rather than a manager.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 12:41 pm:

agreed rff...is it just me or do the a's waste money on shit? i mean yabu for a mil, hatte for $2-3 mil, mecir made a ton too. I don't even want those guys. I'm okay with the kielty's of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By billymac on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 12:55 pm:

Macha is gone. Link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownmojo on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 01:45 pm:

ANAHEIM -- Ken Macha, whose three-year contract with the A's expired Sunday, will not return as manager in 2006.
"I'm disappointed, certainly," Macha told MLB.com on Wednesday. "Mainly because of the players. I've made it pretty clear how special I think those guys are, and my hope all along was that we could work something out so I'd be back."

The club issued a statement moments before general manager Billy Beane was to make the announcement during a conference call with reporters.

"We were unable to reach an agreement with Ken regarding a contract extension that was satisfactory for both parties," Beane said in the statement. "We would like to thank Ken for his seven years of service to the A's organization, in particular his last three seasons as our big league manager. We wish him well in all of his future endeavors."

Beane earlier this week presented Macha's agent, Alan Nero, with a proposed deal worth $2.6 over three years, with an option for a fourth year. Nero on Tuesday countered with an offer asking for $4 million over three years, and Macha said he and Nero probably would have come down from that to a package worth $3.1 million in negotiations.

"[But] there were no negotiations," said Macha, whose teams won the 2003 American League West title and finished second in the division in 2004 and 2005. "Their offer was basically a take-it-or-leave-it deal, so that's that. ... Billy said he wasn't budging from his first offer."

Macha made his Major League managerial debut with the A's in 2003 and guided Oakland to a 275-211 record in three seasons with the club. He was named the 16th manager in Oakland history and the 28th manager in franchise history on Oct. 29, 2002 after spending the previous four seasons as the A's bench

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:14 pm:

WHEW!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:16 pm:

I was really afraid that Mach would see his options fadding and accept the offer.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.