Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Macha is GONE

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Macha is GONE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:40 pm:

He was shown the door today as per The Gate. They could not comes to terms...SEE YA!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By scottfromoz on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 04:09 pm:

Happy Days, lets hire Billy Martin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 04:27 pm:

Best news I've had today.

Now he can go be "Manager of the Year" for some other poor unsuspecting team.

NOW HIRE WASH!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 04:35 pm:

Wow-just heard it. Who'll be next, I wonder?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 06:53 am:

we all know geren will be next. but we are all hoping for someone else who's first name is ron.

Though, I think Geren would be fine.
I definitely think it's best to keep in house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 12:14 pm:

I agree, Ron Cope would be a terrific choice as next manager for the A's!!! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 12:37 pm:

I love it!! A Brit managing the all-American game!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 12:42 pm:

"Today, redemption is spelled R-O-N."
--Vince Vaughn, in 'Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

I hope there is no implication that Foreign born citizens are not capable of managing. Id hate to have to contact Monte Poole. It is after all thirty years since I left the streets of Liverpool looking for fame and fortune.

Thanks for the kind words but seriously Im more interested in being part of an ownership group.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 03:13 pm:

I'm just hoping I can be part of an ownership in one of Wolfie's ballpark condos. I have a list of interested folks already. Want to join the list Ron?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

We all know that Billy really let Ken go so that he can hire.........RICKEY! Right, Lil?>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 04:15 pm:

Right on BD! Personally I'd love to see Rickey coaching at 1B...man...that would be a feast for my eyes but I won't hold my breath.

And don't think I don't know you're just baiting me BD :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 04:23 pm:

Let's hire Wash as the manager, put Geren at 3B coach and RICKEY at 1B coach!

how great would that lineup of coaches be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 08:49 pm:

Would Rickey be better at 3B, if Wash leaves?

I'll be ready for one of those condos by the time they're ready for prime time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 09:08 pm:

Rickey is/was one of the best at reading pitchers moves and time...he could teach these guys how to take a lead and steal a base and where better to be than as a 1B coach.

In the last few years, all the A's 1B coach does is tap a players butt when he gets there, mostly through a walk.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.