Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

ROY Predictions

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: ROY Predictions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:04 am:

For what it's worth, in his chat today, Buster Olney of ESPN said he thinks Huston Street will win based on conversations he's had with fellow writers.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=9486

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:11 am:

Tim McCarver said last night that Robinson Cano would probably win it. Then again, he probably doesn't pay any attention to any baseball that happens west of St. Louis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 09:16 am:

Grr. Can't stand McCarver. I remember watching the Mets back in the late 80s when Tim McCarver was their broadcaster and just about every word out of his mouth was gushing with clearly biased superlatives.

"I think that might have been the longest home run EVER!"

"That may very well be the best-pitched game I've ever SEEN!"

"I've misplaced the left side of my brain and I've never felt BETTER!"

I have no idea how he got to where he is today. Somebody's clearly been getting favors from Mr. Mc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 09:42 am:

The thing I hated about mcarver, and I think he's just the worst ever, was that he would never shut up about his own career....it got really annoying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 11:55 am:

I heard McCarver's comment, but I considered the source...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.