Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Mulder discusses the A's

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Mulder discusses the A's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

St. Louis Post-Dispatch article: "The transition from Oakland to St. Louis wasn't a snap for Mulder.There was a bit of a culture shock as he moved from the surf-camp vibe of the A's -"a good time",he called it-to manager Tony LaRussa's old-school baseball academy in St.Louis."We have a veteran team,"Mulder said."That's a difference for me.I've been on a younger team that doesn't always know what's going on.This is a team that always knows what they're doing, how to prepare.."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 03:47 pm:

Lets see if they win the world series. My bet is they will lose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 04:32 pm:

I dont know, they looked pretty sharp and they have another eck, as in Eckstein. Get it? Eckersly and Eckstein! Get it?! Wow im bored

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 04:35 pm:

I'd favor the Astros in the NLCS.

With the three pitchers they can have in Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettitte possibly going in 6 of the 7 games; I don't see the Cards bats doing much in this series.

I think it'll be a pitcher's series anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drummer510 on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 04:37 pm:

Ture the Stros also have lidge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 05:39 pm:

Stros pitching is sweet but they will be tired going into the st louis series. should be a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 05:43 pm:

Let's call him MiniEck as in MiniMe. Also I don't think Mulder was trying to be disrespectful of the A's org, just comparing the differences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 06:15 pm:

True about Lidge.

I don't trust Izzy at all in tight games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 06:34 pm:

Cardinals really should role to the World Title this year. Doesn't necessarily mean they will but they should. They are head and shoulders above everyone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 07:03 pm:

yeah, I say STJ wins big. Pitching doesn't necessarily guarantee you a WS berth (as we all painfully know). Plus, Mulder, Morris, and Carpenter aren't bad at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 07:11 pm:

So were La Russa's A's but they lost 2 out of 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 07:22 pm:

It's really anybody's guess. I actually think it could be the chisox. They can beat you in so many ways. Yanks are down 3 in the 5th. Go Halos!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.