Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Dave Hudgens was fired by Beane

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Dave Hudgens was fired by Beane
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 05:14 pm:

It seems that Beane blamed Hudgens for the team's horrible RISC numbers and lack of situational hitting.

I guess somebody has to be the scapegoat and Hudgens got the tag.

For a team that hasn't played situational baseball in years, I find it strange hearing that criticism coming from Beane. Was it really Hudgen's fault this team doesn't run?

So who will replace Hudgens? Any guesses?

I say it could be Larry Bowa, Billy's good friend. Oy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 09:14 pm:

I'd love to see an former A's player get the job, but I doubt it'll happen.

Someone like Carney or even a Hendu. Just wanna see old time A's players from their great teams on the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 08:13 am:

Eric Fox has applied for the job several times. He has worked as pitching coach in the Texas system. Many A's fans, mostly old timers, have a very special spot in their hearts for Eric Fox, but I must admit I have no idea how he would be as a coach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 08:32 am:

First off, does anyone think that the a's will retain Hattey at his option price. If they don't, do you think anyone else will sign hattey to be a bench/role player? And, finally, what is the rule for us to resign hattey at a lower price IF we decline the option but want to have him back at a lower rate? I think he needs to get atleast an 80% raise if the same team signs a free agent....is that correct? Cause if I am correct, and he's making about 2.6 mill, he'd have to make an additional 2 mill!? Someone help me out.

Point is, and I don't think it would happen, but Hattey at some point will make a terrific hitting coach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 08:33 am:

correction, Eric was hitting coach and not pitching

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 08:51 am:

Again, Beane wants somebody who follows his rules. And the hitting coach has to deal with a team which is supposed to play station to station ball, but with no power in the lineup.

He has to promote situational hitting with players who are not told to hit and run or steal. And I won't even mention the dirty word that starts with a "b"...

Then the interesting thing about this firing is that he was blamed for the lack of situational hitting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 10:39 pm:

billy's gone over the top with his dictating tyrant act. he's still successfull but he's totally been exposed.

first it's bosley, now hudgets. geezus, if billy had brought it better hitters for hudgens this woudln't be an issue. I thought cros and ellis looked vastly improved under hudge.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.