Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Leo Mazzone

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Leo Mazzone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jenmed on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:27 pm:

Did I miss something about why he's leaving the Braves? I think of him and Bobby Cox as a matched pair, and to think of him in the Orioles organization is strange to me. I could see if it were for a manager position, but another pitching coach gig? Was there bad blood with Atlanta? Just curious if there's been speculation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:15 am:

Yea this was pretty stunning, I think he was with the Braves since 79? I did hear that Mazzone and Perlozzo were childhood friends. Of course this is Perlozzo's first gig. Another year of predictions of the Braves demise, 14 straight years. Marlins with a new man in charge, or a healthy Phillies squad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:23 am:

This may be the ONLY good decision the O's have made regarding pitching their, in like 15 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By givedaddy5 on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:40 am:

LOL
Nice one asch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 09:43 am:

Yes, Sam and Leo were childhood friends. I'm guessing that those two Italian boys are thrilled to be working together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 10:31 am:

I don't know but I think....uh....money....might have been a factor in Leo's move.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.