Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Steele

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Steele
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 07:58 am:

Ok, I am getting worried about Roy Steele. I know he missed a handfull of home games at the end of the year - and they said it was with a "throat illness". That scares me - usually they'd say "sore throat" if he had a cold or something.

Does anyone know his status? To lose both King and Steele (via retirement etc) next season would just be heartbreaking....

anyone got any news?

Re: steele - I remember reading he had only missed like 3 games in 30 years or something like that, until this season. Which makes me nervous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 09:46 am:

Hopefully it's nothing, but since we've really heard nothing, I would think it's nothing. But at the same time we have to respect the man and his family's privacy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 09:49 am:

I respect it - I am just worried.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 10:08 am:

I hear you asch, I was wondering about Steele's status at the end of last season too. Bill King's passing only amplifies my concern, because losing one icon is enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 10:48 am:

I had been wondering the same thing (with the same sick feeling in my stomach)...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 11:38 am:

Yeah, "throat illness" is way too vague. Not reassuring at all.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.