Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Ken Pries is one busy guy...

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Ken Pries is one busy guy...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 01:23 pm:

From Steve Kroner of the Chron yesterday. I find this article a little disturbing, particularly the search for a radio home.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/10/28/SPGTMFFHK31.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rono on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 02:18 pm:

Ted Robinson is a logical choice if the A's will let him break away for other duties. I hope its not Bitker. He grates on me with his know it all attitude. I sensed that he aggravated Ken Korach as well. I don't see Greenwald coming back given his poor reception this year. He seems to have slowed down quite a bit. It is a shame. Does any one know how his son sounds as voice of the Fresno Grizzlies?
I hope Kuiper and Fosse stay on TV with Roye subbing as necessary.

1260 AM would be a logical choice. It simulcasts with Koit FM which is a waste of air time. Hopefully the A's could make it their station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 08:46 pm:

Bitker's a long-time fan of the midgets, so I'd pass on him.

Robinson would probably be a better fit for the A's TV job, since he wants to keep his tennis assignments.

If the A's are willing to think creatively, they'd consider hiring Johnny Doskow (radio voice of the Rivercats). He's been with the organization since at least 2000, so he has a good knowledge of A's players. He's done fill-in work for Toronto, so he has experience with broadcasting at the MLB level. Whether for play-by-play, pregame or postgame work, he'd be a good option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 10:16 pm:

G.Kuiper and Fosse are TV is a given.

Korach is the #1 radio guy now so I would nominate Roye as a possible radio guy, maybe not the full time #2 but he'll do the majority when basketball season is over for the W's. He's the radio guy for the W's and radio basketball is different than baseball radio broadcasts but I think Roye can adjust to it. Is it a violation to be a radio guy on two different radio stations?

As for who'll be the other radio guy next to Korach and Roye, that Doskow guy sounds good. Don't know anythng about him but might as well bring up somebody who knows a majority of the team and is hopefully an A's fan too which I don't know if he is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:37 pm:

Ted Robinson used to do TV for the A's in the early to mid 80's. In fact Bill King did TV with him. I remember someone wrote in a column either in the Mercury News or even Sports Illustrated, that it was a somewhat jarring and humorous visual pairing of the two during the pre-game and post-game appearances of the announcers: A young Ted Robinson looking very wholesome and clean cut and Bill King with his long hair, goatee and handlebar mustache - made it look like a cross between a Christian broadcast (ie. 700 Club) and Satan.

I like Ted Robinson, I think he really knows his stuff and from what little I heard of him with the Giants, didn't seem to be too much of a "homer".

I still hope it's Korach, Greg Papa and Fosse

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 11:32 am:

I love Papa, and would love to see him back...

But I have always dug on Ted Robinson (even when he was witht he Gnats). Im too young to remember doing A's TV though..

Bitker......ehhhh, NO!!! barf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 11:53 am:

I like Ted R. Even when he was with KNBR he gave respect to the A's and actually was able to intelligently comment about them on his show. He's a baseball guy not just a fan of whatever team he's working for.

I don't mind bitker but then again I haven't heard a lot of him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.