Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Raiders and Oakland to end PSLs

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Raiders and Oakland to end PSLs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chris_d on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 12:53 pm:

Breaking news Wednesday morning ...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/11/01/SPraiders01.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 12:59 pm:

Not that they had any choice. Hopefully sanity will prevail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

Hopefully this is good news for PSL holders. I didn't plan on extending, unless the Raiders committed to stay in Oakland beyond 2011. Look forward to getting more details about this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 04:12 am:

Well, it looks like it worked since the Sunday game between the Raiders and Broncos will be on air in the bay area.

Now is this due to the ending of the PSLs or cause the Broncos are coming to town which is always a good draw cause of the rivarly.

Anyways, I think it's good to see all local NFL teams airing on Sundays. The "blackout" rule needs to go and it's one of the few bad things the NFL keeps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 02:05 am:

About 49k showed up on Sunday which is shocking IMO cause the Raiders usually get over 50k at least for most games.

Especially after coming back from a win the previous week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 11:42 am:

No comment about your beloved niners playing in front of empty seats? They may sell over 60k, but the papers says there's less than 50k....botttom line, you gotta win consistently to fill the seats & the niners are in trouble for ticket sales in '06.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 07:58 pm:

No doubt, I see the empty seats. With the way the Niners are playing, I don't doubt they'll be at least a blackout next year if things don't improve.

But how can you go from a sellout against the Broncos but lose the game, win a game against the Skins and draw only 49k the next week?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 09:16 am:

as I said..."botttom line, you gotta win consistently to fill the seats"

Raiders & Niners are a few years removed from the playoffs & it'll only get worse until they get better. Wonder what NFL QB free agents will be available after Collins is dropped in the offseason?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 09:28 am:

i always thought kurt warner would have worked better for them then collins.

22 yrs since a SB win at least they droped the 'comitment to excelllence " the biggest PR lie in sports history.

they are totally out classed and out smarted by many teams in footballl now and the 70's and early 80's are far remeoved from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 09:50 am:

Raiders just need to play who they have now, dump Collins and let Tui play until Walter is ready who looked good in preseason but again, it's preseason so that really doesn't mean much.

Though, I always thought Tui was a "Gruden QB and pick" and Davis probably wants to get rid of the Gruden aura around the team and will never give Tui his shot even though they spent a 2nd rounder on him in 2001.

Niners need to go with Alex Smith the rest of the way. Dorsey proved he's a capable "backup" as of now, but he isn't the QB of the future for the Niners. Really, the future of the Niners' franchise and really Nolan's job are on the shoulders of Alex Smith.

Now getting a Reggie Bush, Smith's high school teammate, would defenitely help the offense out. But with the Texans, NYJ, and Packers as of now ahead of the Niners if the draft were held today; you'd think at least the NYJ and Packers would draft Bush or if the Niners finish ahead of both teams they'd trade up with the Texans who need OL help and the best OL prospects are worthy of a top pick this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Angela (222.122.43.244) on Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 12:48 am:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.