Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Questions about Athletics Nation

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Questions about Athletics Nation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drumme510 on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:56 pm:

So i've been snoopin around athleticsnation.com, and liked some of the articles and interviews they have, but i realized i wasnt a fan of their forum style. What do other people think about AN? Are any people part of both AN and oaklandfans? Is their a rivalry?
Do people have a prefrence on which site to post thoughts and opinions?

(by the way, for some unknown reason, my original user name drummer510 wasnt working, so i have changed to drumme510. I will try and go back whenever the problem gets fixed. So yes this is drummer510)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beanetown on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 09:52 pm:

I been an A's fan ever since I read 'Moneyball' and I like both webbsites. Both got something to offer. Blez gets the interviews, but this site seems like it keeps its eyes on the prize and the big picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 09:57 pm:

I like this sites interface better. nation is solid but it's probably my least fav of the three main a's blogs (OAFC, Fanhome, and AN). Fanhome is actually quite good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 10:00 pm:

Beanetown summed it up perfectly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 10:08 am:

I am starting some sh*t over there - not on purpose, but posted my first diary....

:)

I LOVE this site the most - my only complaint is that during the offseason it's the slowest of the three. Is "fanhome" the "scout" page? If so, I have been posting there a lot recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 10:40 am:

I could care less if there's a "rivarly" between boards of the same team. I try to find interesting A's discussion anywhere I can.

Though this is the main site I talk about A's, the more A's sites there are, the better.

I mean the MBs on the web are the only place where A's fans can discuss with one another dealing wit A's baseball. It's not like we have our own sports radio station to call in and talk A's baseball...though that may change if the news is true that 1550 will be announced the new radio home of the A's later this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 06:19 pm:

I enjoy both sites, but I like OAFC a little more just because I visited this site longer then AN. What I enjoy on AN is Blez's interviews and general A'S talk while for OAFC, I enjoy the general A'S and baseball talk and insider's view of the stadium issue. Also, when I have no access to a computer for whatever reason, I miss OAFC posts or posting on the site. OaktownFan is correct that Internet discussion forums are the only place for A'S fans to talk about A'S baseball all year long. OAFC and AN where A'S baseball is always on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 02:25 am:

i like the boards here better, the format is good and the postsers are friendly and polite. there it seems it can get a bit crazy/neurotic. more mature fans here (just my opinion, you know what they say about those). AN gets great interviews. my favorites are the ones where he picks beane's brain. didn't know beane was into oasis and snow patrol (bands). pretty cool guy!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 09:33 pm:

There seem to be a lot of giggly girls at AN, scattered among the "mature" posters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:39 am:

Pfft. No offense, but this place can resemble a circus as well. Not that I don't appreciate a circus now and then.

I do think that the format of this place is one that's more open to longer-form argurments, which is always a welcome thing.

But I still don't know why we're comparing the two sites. They serve different needs. Thank you to both OAFC and AN for doing such a great job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 06:29 am:

ssblip, I totally agree with you and see no need to compare or suggest any kind of rivalry.

The more A's sites, the better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:33 pm:

This site's the best. Admittedly, I'm not as avid participant as I used to be, but I do read the threads here. As I surfed among the various A's fan sites on the web last season, I never learned anything at the other sites that I didn't read about first right here. This site has the most knowledgeable A's fans, overall.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.