Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Sring Training Questions

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Sring Training Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drumme510 on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 12:16 pm:

Hey guys. I thinkin about wut im gonna do over spring break, and A's spring training fits perfectly in. I was wondering about people who have gone before and how they've gone about hoteling a tickets and such? I went onto the A's site and they offer this Spring Training Package that includes plane tickets, hotel reservations, tickets for games, and other stuff. I was wondering if anyone has ever bought that package and was it worth it? Any other ideas and suggestions would be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 12:27 pm:

I have gone to Spring Training for the past 29 years, but probably not this year. I prefer to make my own plans rather than be bound to those of a group.

There are numerous hotels in the area that are no more than 45 minutes away from a majority of the S.T. facilities.

Tickets are normally available at the gate for weekday games, except Mesa (Cubs). Weekends are a little more crowded due to no school and the tour groups.

Be prepared to pay a hefty "Spring Training tax" and "Visitors tax" for car rental.

Have a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 05:28 pm:

I would imagine if you did the trip "on your own" instead of on that package, it would be more affordable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 06:11 pm:

warren mentioned to me that he was going to check out a few spring training games this season (he usually does) - might try to tag along with him myself. have to get some info on prices tickets etc first. it's cool if you can make it out with someone else who appreciates the game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 12:06 am:

Yeah, beware of that car rental tax. That's how Arizona is financing the new football stadium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 09:03 am:

maybe you could get "Big Daddy" Warren to pick up the tab on some things too...

:)

Warren: can't wait to see you here the next time the A's come to town for interleague.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drumme510 on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 10:38 am:

Im still not sure yet if im gonna go (tryin to convince friends to come) and with the money situation and everything (ie convincing the parentals to chip in a little). Thanks for offering the services of Warren (even without his say). Im still takin in all the options. I agree with jerry; those large group things would be kinda weak. i have family in pheonix also, right near scottsdale, so im thinkin of staying with them, and bumming their car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dgadd18 on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 10:06 am:

Hey asch (adam),

Don't forget about me over here in Indy. I'm thinking about taking in the A's when they come to Cleveland this year. Are you up for it? I'm already lined up to head to KC in late April to watch a 3 game set. I have a corporate connection there with some unbelieveable seats. Can't wait for this season to get going.

Oh yeah, my old screen name (dggadd) stopped working. Not sure why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 07:41 am:

I didn't forget about you Don.
KC would be a haul for me to drive and I don't have the cash to make it there via plane.

I have gone to cleveland the last few years, cause I got an uncle up there who's law firm has like 80 seats to every Indians game. Last year I went to the whole 3 game series (which sucked by the way) but had unbelievable seats - he got the sky box for the 2nd night with fireworks, that was sweet.

Unfortunately, this year, the Cle games are midweek, which makes it a bit harder. But maybe I can go up for one game and we could meet there? If so, I am fairly certain I could get us free seats together.

If anyone else is up for meeting in Cleveland for a game, lets start a discussion on that. Would be nice to meet up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 11:04 pm:

Yes guys, I'll be in AZ next month. I'm catching four games the 23rd - 26th. Sam K. will also be there, so you will know at least two people if make it out there during that time.

Drummer510, I took a tour in '93 and had a great time. While the price is higher than if you "do it yourself", it is a great way to meet other fans and partake in A's related activites. A tour is best for a first time visitor to ST (and/or AZ) and then you can DIY subsequent trips.

Adam, I thought about a trip to Cleveland but saw that the A's visit this year is midweek. I MAY try to catch the A's in Detroit in July but if not, I don't know if I'll see any road games this year. I'm not even sure about Arlington, as the A's visits there this year fall in differnet months than they normally do.

Don, the KC series in April looks interesting, but I've already got plans for that weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 11:19 pm:

Hey Warren,
Are you "WBBell" from North Texas on slickdeals.net?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 06:36 am:

No, that is not I.

Looks like an interesting site. Do you frequent it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 10:40 am:

Yes I do, and there was a post recently from "WBBell" that had me LOL. It was regarding somebody "sh**ing Twinkies" while agonizing over a rebate. Although I would not attribute that particlar dialogue to you, I found the name and location more than coincidental.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 02:24 pm:

Ha, ha, ha...

No, I haven't lived in North Texas since 2000.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.