Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

What Is Your Favorite Rickey Moment

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: What Is Your Favorite Rickey Moment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 11:34 am:

Wondering what is OAFC's favorite Rickey Henderson moment in his career? My personal moment was 939 record, here is my reason at my AN diary.
http://www.athleticsnation.com/story/2006/2/10/193939/589

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beanetown on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 11:50 am:

My favorite is him hitting the bejeezus out of the Giants pitching in the '89 World Series. And every time he touched home plate in that 4-0 sweep, he'd point to his mom Bobbie in the stands.

It was a nice touch. And it drove the Giants fans crazy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 12:40 pm:

Great memory, beanetown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 08:49 pm:

My favorite is him sitting in front of me at a 49er game and talking baseball with me and my date all night...and the record breaker in front of the home crowd and the spankmes'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 04:16 am:

Too many moments to single one out. I'm 36 years old and I began watching him play when I was in the 4th grade. The guy has given me a lifetime of fantastic moments. He has also treated me with nothing but kindness on the occasions I have spoken with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bfriend on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 02:38 pm:

June 1989: His first game back from being traded from the Yankees wearing #22(for a few days until Ron Hasey gave up #24). It was also my son's very first game. He was less than three weeks old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 01:13 pm:

1982. The night he stole the tying and tiebreaking base in Milwaukee. That's when he first made tearing the base out famous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 05:10 pm:

not a favorite moment, but a favorite thing rickey did, when he's hit a home run, and talk to himself and pat his own shoulder while he rounded the bases. classic. tony phillips did something similar. also the snatch catch was amazing. bonds was such a poser with that. it was all rickey. one of the greatest ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By robfre on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 11:45 am:

My favorite moment -- other than the obvious when he broke Maury Wills record -- was in Yankee Stadium. I was sitting on the third base side of the stadium and he stole two bases and hit 2 monstrous homeruns in the same game. It was the season the A's swept Yankees for the season and were absolutely dominate. Ricky personified the A' brashness and greatness. I loved watching the adoring Yankee fan faces because WE had him and they didn't. I thought it would last forever...it didn't.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.