Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's Final Roster

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's Final Roster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:55 am:

Waiting for final roster and wishing for a great season.

Who's still on the bubble?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By doc on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:04 pm:

read this and wonder about our roster

holy cow Batman tons of info !!

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/story/2006/3/28/115934/983

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:40 pm:

Here's my guess for the 25 man roster.

C:Kendall
1B:DJ
2B:Ellis
SS:Crosby
3B:Chavez
LF:Bradley
CF:Kotsay
RF:Swsisher
DH:F.Thomas

Ben:Payton, Kielty, Scutaro, Perez, Melhuse

SP:Zito, Harden, Haren, Loaiza, Blanton
RP:Saarloos, Kennedy, Witasick, Duke, Calero
CP:Street

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 01:25 pm:

The roster has been set since February.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 01:29 pm:

I think that the only question mark is Witasick. I have read that there is concern over his performance, and that management was considering a second LHP (Flores or Rheinecker, and now Halsey) to replace him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 01:37 pm:

Witasick is having a rough spring:11 IP, 11 hits, 8 ERs.

But so has two key other pitchers on the A's in Blanton and Calero.

Blanton-16.1 IP, 21 hits, 13 ERs.
Calero-4.1 IP, 4 hits, 4 ERs.

It's also not like Flores(8 IP, 13 hits, 8 ERs) or Rheinecker(8.1 IP, 10 hits, 6 ERs) are having much better ST performances as Witasick has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:48 pm:

Excellent "review" of the 2006 A's in ESPN The Magazine this week. Bonus: great picture of Huston Street on the cover! If you have Insider, you can read the article online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 08:32 am:

Yeah, I got it.

Good article about how they compared the Giambi A's that were all power and very little else in terms of fundementals to that of the current A's where many think doesn't have a weakness anymore other than the thought of injuries to key players like Crosby, Bradley and F.Thomas.

Painful to see that chart they had of ALL the miscues during the A's playoff runs from 2000-2003...still can't believe they blew 9 chances to advance to an ALCS those 4 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:05 am:

It's like 0-9 in elimination games. We were up 2-0 on the Yanks one year and blew it, I think that was 2001. Since, it's been a water under the bridge type attitude, it doesn't matter type thing, hopefully with the infusion of vets like Kots and Kendall it can get us over the hump in elimination games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 01:35 pm:

Casilla, Flores and Kielty were sent to Sacramento yesterday.
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/transactions.jsp?c_id=oak

Didn't realize Dominguez was heading to Sacramento as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 01:38 pm:

Wow so they did go with 12 pitchers in case there is a rainout. Brad Halsey makes it as the 12th pitcher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 08:40 am:

I guess the darn weather around the country influenced this year's opening roster. Then again we hit domed stadiums after we get out of here. Ginter didn't have a strong enough spring to get traded out of here.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.