Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Fremont A's

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Fremont A's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 01:26 pm:

or would they be the Oakland A's of Fremont?

well i'd rather seem them stay in oakland but number 2 is to stay in the bay area. you also tap the san jose market more without going into "territorial rights" - which is always a mystery to me considering the coliseum is closer to the AT+T Park now than it would be in San Jose :)

that said i am disappointed that the city of Oakland doesn't want to make keeping the A's a top priority - that's what it seems like.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/03/30/sports/s103933S70.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 01:42 pm:

If the A's moved out of Oakland, I doubt they'd be wanted to associated with the city of Oakland anymore as it really isn't a glamourous city like the Angels did when they wanted to be associated with LA.

True, the coliseum is closer to AT&T Park than a park would be in Fremont, southern Alameda County but that's not what SF is worried about. They're worried about the A's being closer to the "silicon valley" money with them being basically the next door neighbor of SJ if they did move to a area like Fremont.

I'm an OAKLAND A'S FAN FIRST, but if they don't wanna stay here then I'll always hold something against the higher archy of that team. But if it's a choice between them moving down to the south bay or moving to a city like Las Vegas, Portland or some other area of the country that can build a baseball park for them...there is hard decision...the A's I pray will stay in the Bay Area.

I'd be one pissed off person if the SFG were basically handed the entire Bay Area media market to themselves. I think the Bay Area as the 5th biggest media market is big enough to handle both two NFL and MLB franchises.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 02:40 pm:

I think it is very disingenuous of Wolff, as Schott was before him, to wait until almost opening day to issue statements in regards to the future relocation of the team.

The City of Oakland has been a good host city and Oakland's tax payers have allowed the A's to play rent free for many years; paid millions of reparation moneys to the A's. They have called the A's to the table several times and the A's owners never showed up at any of the City Hall meetings or other Civic leader meetings.

If a ballpark deal was not reached during Schott's and now Wolff's posturing, it is their
doing and I don't blame the City of Oakland if they don't just tell them to get their threatening guns to Fremont while showing them the door.

Please leave the topic of A's Baseball to baseball and deal with the ignorance of relocation of the FREMONT ASSES to the OFF FIELD MATTERS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 07:44 pm:

everyone hates th idea but once they build a park put up hotels shops ect and we get used to going thee everyone will say" this is such a great place all new with new shops around it i am so glad we built here"

it will take 1/2 or 1 season but we will get used to it and like it all new and everything.
its just 25 min down the road.

this is the best compromise to moving to san jose the A's could get they keep oaklnad fans while building new south bay fans, it is a small inconvieniece for us A's fans in sacto but hey they dont givce a shit about us fans here anyway since we cant even hear them this yr so who give s a ffff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 08:35 pm:

The silence coming from Oakland officials is deafening. I guess the move to Fremont is a done deal as far as they are concerned. I wonder what they will do with the Coli after the Raiders leave town?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 08:38 pm:

Where the hell are the Raiders gonna go? LA doesn't want them back and if that city is gonna get a team, most likely it's gonna be the Chargers or even more likely an expansion team.

It cost 150-200 million to renovate the coliseum and just a decade afterwards, it's basically frowned upon for both sports as both the A's and Raiders aren't happy with it when you compare it to the new sports venues that have been built over the past decade that put the coliseum to shame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:08 pm:

If the Raiders never moved back then maybe the A's would already have a new stadium. Of course if the A's ever did get a new stadium in Oakland, gee how long you think it would take Al to demand he get one too? 20 minutes? Half hour?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:37 pm:

The definition of "disingenuous":

"Wolff said he was interested in moving the stadium because plans for the "ballpark village" he unveiled in August has little chance of success in Oakland."

He knew damn well the plan had little chance of success when he proposed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:14 am:

In my opinion, the folks who buy into Wolff's disingenous remarks are just as disingenuous as he has shown to be...that goes for mediots and fans who know the truth but prefer to bury their heads into their apologetic holes.

Wolff said he was interested in moving the stadium because plans for the "ballpark village" he unveiled in August has little chance of success in Oakland."

Just to expand on Ey's "definition"...

...and just in case one might wonder about the use of the word "disingenuous"...some say this word is just a polite way of calling a person an arrogant conniving liar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:16 am:

Exactly, Lil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:34 am:

I wonder what they will do with the Coli after the Raiders leave town.

LOL! Frank, your cynicism is endearing. The obvious answer: Monster Truck Rallies!!

Where the hell are the Raiders gonna go?

Precisely. When Al Davis dies, he's taking the Raiders with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 01:12 pm:

I can see them all lined up at the Pearly Gates...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 02:38 pm:

there will be gates....but not the Pearly kind!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 03:25 pm:

Yeah. oaktownfan said "Where in hell...." and I said, "Precisely."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beanetown on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 10:11 am:

And where will that angel John York go?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 06:43 pm:

I would rather the A's move to Protland or Vegas. Just as if I got dumped I would rather my wife/girlfried dump me for someone I don't know than my best friend which is what I think it would feel like if they move to FREMONT for god's sake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 06:46 pm:

NO! No way in hell would I wanna have the SFG org have the bay area market place to themselves. I'd rather have the A's stay in the Bay Area than move out of it all together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howard63 on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 07:10 pm:

"I wonder what they will do with the Coli after the Raiders leave town.:

or lets get back to the Day On The Green" with
"Y & T" and the "Scorpians"

or should it be called Day on the "Dirt" in honor of post Raider game centerfield.

I say it the A's and Raduz leave they just implode the sucker and let that area of town go where the rest of WEST Oaktown has gone-- drive by's and little ol' lady muggings.

Fremont Athletics of Oakland
this is sick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:20 pm:

Well, if they can't find a way to keep the A's here, I do hope they lose the Raiders too. Serve 'em right for their stupidity. Guess they'll have to deal for a whole lot of concerts ... which will undoubtedly make all the neighbors happy. But, hey, they can pour a concrete "field" and not have to worry about paying for a groundskeeper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 03:41 am:

Here's a way to keep the A's. Move Oakland to Vegas or Portland.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.