Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Is this the year That Chavy

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Is this the year That Chavy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 07:31 pm:

Reaches his potential. We all have been talking about it could be........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 07:49 pm:

It is actually somewhat of a myth that Chavez always gets off to a bad starts. Back in 2002 had 9 homeruns and 21 rbi with a 1.064 OPS in April. Last year he was just so incredibly awful the first two months I think the reputation just got magnified was all. Key isn't April for him, it's actually May as that has been his worst month in his career.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:39 pm:

5 hr's so far...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 09:54 pm:

Who's the imposter at 3b in the green and gold? Gammons and Reynolds may be wrong ... it won't be Bobby Crosby getting MVP (won't be anyway), but it may be Chavez. Frank Thomas predicted Chavvy was going to have a big year. Just could be.

And, stupid me, I actually had visions of Kendall hitting a game winning HR tonite. One of those hunches that didn't pan out. :) But I never fret when they lose in MN., and rejoice... with some shock ... when they win. I hate watching games from there.

The more I see of Payton, the more I appreciate his excellent defense out there. He made some terrific plays tonite. I always feel better when he is in left in lieu of Swisher or Kielty. I expect he'll be in center at least one of the next two games, while Kotsay gets a rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howard63 on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:04 pm:

this outfield is awesome...bringin' back memories of ricky, duane and tony....or was it ricky, duane and mike... or was it joe, billy and reggie...anyway---I love this defense in the outfield.
sorry to get away from the chavy topic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 03:06 am:

The Chavez backers have always though Chavez had the potential to be a .300+, 35-40 hr, 120+ RBI hitter eventually and maybe this is the year.

Maybe he'll finally make it to the all star team this season, which would be his first which is shocking since he's averaged 30 hrs..100 RBIs the past 5 seasons while winning 5 straight gold gloves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 08:42 am:

no, not ricky duane and tony,

it's rickey, dwayne and tony.

If Chavvy can give me 35 and 120, .300, I'll take it, the more the better, then again, I'd prefer to see us winning MLB's last game of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:45 am:

If Chavvy goes 0-for-10 next week or first week of May, it will be same old Eric according to some fans and the media. Then again, Chavez becomes the "monster" of the lineup, which most of us and the media wanted out of him, it would be great. Note: The "monster" reference comes from AL West Preview from AN's group of blogs, which the Rangers bloggers said the A'S don't have a "monster in the lineup like Teixiera, Vlad or Sexton:".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 03:21 pm:

chavez will not stay hot all year.
My prediction is he will end up with a season like .280, 30-35 HRs, 100+ RBI, like he does year and and year out. This will without a doubt come with slumps and hot streaks mixed in.

We know what we're getting with chavy so it's important to not get too up or too down on the guy. I for one am happy with his production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 04:21 pm:

Great game by Chavez today..4-4 with all 3 RBIs in the game. Too bad F.Thomas and Bradley blew it today with their inability to drive home runs with guys on 3rd with less than two outs and Bradley's blunder in the 8th letting the ball bounce off his glove at the wall for a hr.

Chavez...think you can put the rest of the slow start talks.

-.393, 6 hrs, 13 RBIs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howard63 on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 04:30 pm:

so so so easy to point out every single flaw in every single athletic who makes a mistake...

two weeks in.... two weeks ...

and macha should have put the duke in to close the game right?? cuz that street kid is a loser. clasic niner fan type of posting...

amazing...simply amazing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 04:55 pm:

naomi anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:45 pm:

Anyone got the rose colored glasses?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 10:00 pm:

The Bradley play was just unfortunate. If he had let the ball hit the wall, it would probably only been a double. Ya can't blame him for trying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 10:27 pm:

No doubt, Bradley has been one of the brightspots on the A's but today he had a HORRIBLE game today and could be considered the goat along wtih Street...not only the defensive hr blunder but the A's had a chance to break the game open when they had 1st and 3rd nobody out and F.Thomas struck out and Bradley swung at the first pitch and GIDP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By samk on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 10:58 am:

well, it wouldnt have broken the game open, but certainly could have made a diff in this one.

IN THE END, if we'd a hung on to win 3-1, no one woulda even mentioned that inning!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 02:55 pm:

Watching PTI and they're talking about how Chavez said he put on 25 lbs by eating junk food and it may have helped him.

Maybe that's the reason he's been off to a hot start this season...:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 03:10 pm:

Wow!! That means that I am going to have one hell of a season!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 08:31 pm:

LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 10:37 pm:

Chavez with another HR!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 11:34 pm:

I think he said a lot of carbs along with more strength lifting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 04:54 pm:

Was listening to KNBR morning show when Chavez was on...he said the junk food rumor was bullshit and the columnist who wrote that was an idiot basically.

Chavez was great on the show cracking on both Swisher and especially Zito...:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 04:56 pm:

"I think he said a lot of crabs along with more strength lifting."

Isn't that the Joe Morgan diet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 11:42 pm:

"I think he said a lot of crabs along with more strength lifting."

He ate a lot of crabs, that is why he has to keep that goatee shaved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 10:49 am:

Now that was uncalled for.

...but fully enjoyed, nonetheless!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.