Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Loaiza

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Loaiza
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:09 am:

Unless he pitches well in his next outing, the $21M we gave him was a mistake. Loaiza is saying it's some kind of "voodoo" as to why he's pitching like crap.

I vote to give Joe Kennedy a shot at the #5 spot and move Loaiza to the pen for now.

I'm worried that Beane, who doesn't like to admit mistake, will just keep Loaiza in there with his 87 MPH "fastball" for about 4-5 more starts before he takes any action. The A's can't afford this it's time to move up Kennedy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:27 am:

Actually, they can't afford to move Kennedy. He is the only LOOGY. And he still hasn't given up a run; he's continued his successful spring. Saarloos is likely the guy in line to start, if the need occurs.

I also think Loaiza needs a few more starts (not one) before everyone starts panicking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 03:07 pm:

Dave Henderson thinks the guys who pitched in the WBC are going through the "dead arm" period most pitchers experience in Spring Training. They're just getting it later because they had different type of work.

Might make some sense. Even Street's been *slightly* shaky so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 03:19 pm:

Slightly? Try very shaky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 03:22 pm:

Uh, yeah.

I wrote that right before he came in. Hopefully I didn't jinx him.

Not sure he should have been in there after so many pitches Friday, then throwing yesterday too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 03:35 pm:

Ugh. I know everyone was all upset over the Twins series but this is the first loss of the season that I think they really they should have won. Just awful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 03:55 pm:

you don't think 3-4 run leads are enough to hold and win? See Minn games....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 04:02 pm:

Both of those games they blew the lead early. A three or four run lead in the 3rd inning isn't safe in any game. Today you had a great outing by Haren wasted by the fluke homerun, a punchless offense outside of Chavez, and an awful performance by Street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 04:14 pm:

Street should've have pitched in 3 consecutive games...he's only done it once before in his career and I think if it wasn't for his "bobblehead day"....Duke or Calero should've been in the ninth...Street had nothing today. Stupid ump didnt' help either on those two pitched to Texiera that could've gone either way. He K's and Nevin the next AB hit would've been a game ending double play....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 04:58 pm:

is it too early to say they are always off to a slow start? ok i guess we have to wait another two weeks for that huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:42 pm:

Yeah, Street was getting squezzed a bit by the Ump but damn you just got to by pass Teixara. Worst case he should have been pulled after that bomb.

Yes Lil that's right, we have to suck for two more weeks before we are off to an official slow start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 09:52 pm:

don't forget May was the disasterous month last year (and many of the last few years).
So making it through April over .500 isn't much, it's getting through Memorial Day and still being within range of the angels that matters.
Good thing they are slow starters too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 10:10 am:

At this point of the season, AL West is the weakest division in the AL from an objective view. It's going to be tough on the teams, but fun for us fans for any team in this division thinks it can win it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 08:33 pm:

Two more weeks of Mr. Macha batting BC in the 3rd spot will make your prophesy come true Lil.

Nothing against Bobby, he's an awesome talent, but for Chrissakes let him get his swing together before putting him in that spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 09:53 pm:

Amen, rb. No way Crosby should be in the 3 hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 10:07 pm:

Heck, Swish should be in the 3-hole NOW!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 10:35 pm:

Decent outing for Loaiza tonight...not great but at least he managed to get his first win of the season and hopefully starts like these are a sign of better things to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 11:03 pm:

otf- Duke got the win tonight. He was the pitcher of record when Swisher hit his 2nd HR. I do agree that Loaiza had a decent outing tonight. He may be over the hump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 05:04 am:

Kudos to everyones favorite manager for his use of the bullpen last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 09:18 am:

Hopefully this means Loaiza is over his spring training and ready to help the team. Maybe he can come back and win 20 like 03?????

The Zito trade rumors are heating up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sully on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 09:36 am:

I'd be bummed about a Zito trade. Look at the Hudson trade. I'd rather get the draft picks from losing him to Free Agency rather than get the three stiffs we got for Huddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 10:48 am:

My mistake, Duke did get the win.

Still a solid outing for Loaiza who needed this kind of outing badly. Loaiaz will never be the pitcher he was a few years back with the ChiSox but he's still as good of a #5 starter as you could get in MLB who'll most likely win 12-14 games this season.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.