Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Frustration Thread

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Frustration Thread
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 06:19 pm:

Every year the same. Heartless little sissy at bats with runners on base. I'm soooooo sick of the slow starts I can't stand it. Come on guys show some life.

One of these years they are not going to snap out of it and it will be a lonnnnnnnng year. Not to mention coming in second by 4-5 games all lost at the start of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 06:37 pm:

You'd think it'd be differnt this year...this isn't the same group of players from the 99-03 teams

Hudson, Mulder, Tejada, Hernandez, Dye, Long all are gone yet they've continued to start slow.

8 combined runners left on bases in 3 straight innings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 06:39 pm:

Make that 10 left on.

New hitting coach.. I would say his ass is on the line to do something.

Every pitcher they face is fricking cy young.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 06:57 pm:

Up by one run now...if the A's could ever get a hit with RISP...they'd should be up by 3 or 4 runs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 06:59 pm:

OH GOD can we get a shut down inning we get some runs and just give them right back. Losers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 07:06 pm:

Blanton was lucky to get out of the 6th only giving up one run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 07:48 pm:

Were going to lose

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:00 pm:

duke in the ninth in texas

I feel sick

come on duke

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:08 pm:

Yea I was wrong

I love being wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:09 pm:

Street not availalbe again? Gee I'm shocked an A's pitcher with a "minor" injury missing more time than expected. I mean the A's never downplay pitcher injuries ever...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:10 pm:

Duke I trust...throw his bad outing against Det..he's thrown 10 innings of perfect baseball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:14 pm:

Early on I was sure all of the LOB were going to
doom the A's, but they got just enough to win.
A's are again a team that is depending too much
on hr's to score runs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sully on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:52 pm:

I'm still worried how similar this team is to last year's team. Too many anemic bats. We only seem to win when our pitching is lights out or the other team self destructs. Kendall is not the same guy as in Pittsburgh. And Crosby is always hurt.

I know there are plusses to talk about (Swisher, Chavez, Bradley's emotions seem cool), but I don't see a 1st place team out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:08 pm:

last year I had totally written them off and since there was no real expections it did not matter.

This year the some sports writers had to go and pick us to win the world series and now I have to live with those expectaions.

this is a team that can compete. They still have to figure out how they are going to win games. Ritht now the have a few automatic outs DJ,Kendell,Thomas, and even Ellis is struggling. You can't have that many holes and go on big winning streak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:16 pm:

The only constant this year and years past is MACHA. He must not know how to prepare the A'S for the beginning of the season IMO. Tonight, the A'S were lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:22 pm:

I said that in an earlier thread,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:24 pm:

Yep. Every April no sense of urgency as after all, its just April. Well these games count too and one of these years the A's are going to dig a hole they can't get out of.

Having said that, I think this team is way too talented to let this happen. We'll get it going but it will be in spite of our comatose Manager.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:28 pm:

Also throw it'd be next to impossible for the A's to dig as big a hole as they did last year and yet they still made a race out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 09:49 pm:

It will be tougher to dig out this year with Texas and Seattle having improved.
Good thing no other team has caught fire yet.

The bats WILL come around, it would be nice if that happened SOON!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 11:32 pm:

Hopefully when Ellis and Frank's bats get hot Swish, Chavey & Miltys won't cool down.

I am very concerned about DJ's bat it might be to soon for Barton but I can see Swish at 1st full time with the Red Head being recalled. How bad did he burn his bridge with Beane is he going to be stuck down there all year ala Frankie Midget? Deajay you seem to know someone on the inside?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 12:35 pm:

Great Harden Hurt and a another lose looming in Texas. I just got tickets to see the A's in San diego I hope we are not out of the picture by then.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.