Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's/Angels

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's/Angels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 09:57 pm:

Since the start of the last season they have now played 12 one run games against each other (23 games). Not good for the blood pressure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:11 pm:

Part of following these guys is getting the right medication, and double-dosing between now and July is a green-and-gold duty.

Although...13-12 on May 1st, just .5 games back? I'll take it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:24 pm:

I got up and left the house for the 9th inning I could not watch. I drove into Montclair village by my house to get a salad as i drove by Crogans I peeked in the windows at the tv by the bar and saw the angels were still up so i did not turn on the radio. I got home found out we won and turned on the tivo and watched the 9th inning. I could not stand it the Angels fans have to be super pissed off at thier weak offence

Was that good pitching or BAD hitting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:24 am:

Oh come on LF don't be a pussy. :) If I could gut out the 9th I know you can.

Man o man in the 8th on Anderson's deep fly to right I thought shit! Game Over! What an amazing grab by Payton! Then in the 9th I thought Salmon had a for sure game tying double but there waas Kotsay going balls to the wall!

This game had some good pitching on both sides and some bad hitting as well. I was shouting at the TV "Hey JAY take some pitches! Jeez!". This was one of those games where the little things went our way (for a change) and we prevailed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:42 am:

Yea wash i went way out to the sissy farm on this game. I was sure Anderson had got us again and could not watch the 9th at all.

Big win in early may.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:49 am:

Today's game is gonna be tough...Lackey has always pitched tough against the A's and Halsey will be making his first ever start for the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:21 am:

The A'S were lucky in not facing Colon, although Carassco pitched great, and the Angels were unlucky facing Zito last night. For today's game it switches, the Angels are lucky today for not facing Harden while the A'S are unlucky for facing Lackey this afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:28 am:

So that means that Halsey will pitch great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:11 am:

Even Macha said that game was "not for the faint of heart."

Our defense was nothing less than spectacular! Who woulda thunk that the A's could pull out a one-run victory???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:01 pm:

No TV in the Valley. Was there a game last night?

Flicked on the Gints about 9:30 and they were in the ninth inning getting blown out 10-2 by San Diego. There were about 500 people left in the stadium, and some woman was standing up holding a sign that read "Beat LA". Krukow was babbling on about Keving Frandsen and incremental improvement.

I felt like slitting my wrists, but I feel better to find out now the A's won.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:27 pm:

I had quietly wondered last night after Kotsay's catch in the 9th if he had hurt his left shoulder as he had Payton throw the ball in for him. Well he's out of the line up today, Bradley is still out (I'm thinking the DL is not far away), so we get our worst nightmare...Bobby Kielty against a right handed pitcher. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:59 pm:

So far, so good. 3-run bomb for Chavez, shutdown inning from Halsey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:34 pm:

Or maybe Kotsay is getting a day off. Probably sore not injured...glass half full!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:38 pm:

Kielty strikes out swinging after Kendall works a hit...can we trade this guy back to the B-Jays or KC?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 02:37 pm:

Man Mark Ellis really not playing well right now. I know he got a few knocks the other night but he is batting .185 right now - not Ellis like at all.

I'd also like to see Big Frank get a bit more consistent and Jay Payton step it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:08 pm:

It's official...DJ doesn't have the lowest BA now for all everday players.

As of now....

DJ-.188
Ellis-.185

F.Thomas(.192) and Payton(.190) aren't too ahead of DJ either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:23 pm:

A's blow out the game in the 9th with 6 runs..capping it out with a 3 run hr by Crosby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:36 pm:

Let's not forget that Payton has *2* RBIs this season and NO walks!

it's too bad that Payton, Johnson, Ellis and Kendall have all slumped a bit to start the season.

Crosby hasn't been too great but he's had some time off.

I don't count Thomas's slow start since he basically missed most of ST and is still getting his swing back in some ways, but he has been heating up.

Scutaro and Kotsay have cooled down, as did Milton a bit. Hopefully they can pick it up.

Right now Swisher and Chavez are carrying this team but others contributed today, and that's a good sign. When this offense starts to fire on all cylinders, and the pitchers get healthy, watch out!

Big statement today to not only go in there and charge the mound and heat things up with the Angels but also to punk them for 10 runs in the process, dismantle their bullpen, and hold them down, all while throwing a spot starter out there, the day after your "ace" shuts them down!

Classic rivalry stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 11:44 pm:

"Big statement today to not only go in there and charge the mound and heat things up with the Angels but also to punk them for 10 runs in the process, dismantle their bullpen, and hold them down, all while throwing a spot starter out there, the day after your "ace" shuts them down"

Not to mention getting Lackey & Sciosca big butt's tossed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 12:58 am:

you mean fat mike???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sully on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 08:45 am:

Bring on the bad blood. We got ourselves a real AL West rivalry! It's going to be fun next time we see the Angels in June.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:24 am:

It's going to be fun next time we see the Angels in June.

I would agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:32 am:

There were about 500 people left in the stadium, and some woman was standing up holding a sign that read "Beat LA".

Was she also on a cell phone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 02:42 pm:

Sounds like a misplaced Giants' fan calling her hubby and telling him, "I think I took a wrong turn."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.