Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Hooray for A's fans!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Hooray for A's fans!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:39 pm:

whoever you are... THANK YOU!!!!

LOVE the classic ten gallon yellow hat!!

payton catch

Garret Anderson, a lifetime .345 hitter against Zito coming into the game, crushed the first pitch deep to right, but Payton went back as far as he could go, reached up and made the catch right over the fans sitting behind the low wall, untouched.

"I turned around and there were a couple of Oakland fans there,'' Payton said. "It worked out well, they kept the other fans away.''

"When you see a wall that low (4 feet), interference is always a possibility,'' Zito said, "but there were some A's fans there and that was great for us. There were some A's chants out there, I've never heard that here before.''

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:12 pm:

Never heard A's fans at Angel Stadium...hell when the Angels were mediocre, the A's used to have thousands of VOCAL fans there before the Angels had their resurgence in 2002.

Really, out of all the places the A's go to...Anaheim is the place where you see and hear most A's fans outside of the bay area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:38 pm:

Oh and in case anyone hadn't noticed... not counting the rainout/blowout - we've won 5 games in a row!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:50 pm:

I could hear the A's fans through the tube last nite, chanting, "Let's go Oakland!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drumme510 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 05:53 pm:

Redstripe! Hooray A's Fan! Hooray Beer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 06:07 pm:

You mean cheap Beer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 06:48 pm:

I think it would be a good idea to setup something where A's fans could go in a large group on a Road trip to NY or BOS. I'd be willing to pay 1K for that if hotel and air accomadations were taken care of, but I would only do it if I knew there would be hundreds or thousands of A's fans sitting with me. Is there anything like that? Any travel agents out thre in A's land can make that happen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By drumme510 on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 07:18 pm:

We could be like English Futbol fans traveling to other cities and starting riots. We could be like the Traveling A's Hooligans and start riots in B-town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 08:00 pm:

I know the A's players would love that, hearing thousands of Fans chanting LETS - GO - OAKLAND in Yankee stadium, wearing green and gold. Oh Yeah, that would be nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 08:43 pm:

hell yes if i had the time and money i would be down for that!! still want to spend a few weeks of "vacation" one summer following the a's on a roadtrip,now that would be fun!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.