Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Kendall Rules

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Kendall Rules

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasj on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:18 am:

Kendall is overpaid, but like previously mentioned much better then Rhodes and Redman. Any guy that charges that goon Lackey is cool in my book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:23 am:

I think the pressure of haveing Adam producing could light a compitive fire under his ass. He know he better start hitting or Adam could creep in on his At Bats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:54 am:

Good observation LF I was thinking that.

Have you made a roady to SAC yet? Lets go check out the River Brats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 11:27 am:

Hey that sounds like a fricking blast. Let me check the schedule and let you know. I have Sunday and Monday off until the end of June so sometime in June would work for me.

What do you think train or car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 11:31 am:

Hey Wash I looked on the shcedule and they paly June 5th it's a Monday and there are tickets right behind home plate available what do think....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 01:38 pm:

That would be great BUT I am leaving for SD Sat 3rd back Wed 7th.

Next week they are in town 22-25 M-Th.

Next best would be Monday June 19th or Mon 26th

Definately the train.

We could meet SactoD there with a "In Beane I Trust" T-shirt for him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 01:41 pm:

I think DJ should be more scared that his ABs might be taken away from him. He's still hitting under .200 with just as less power as Kendall has and Kendall at least is hitting .278 now...nearly .100 points higher than DJ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howard63 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 02:32 pm:

"Hey Wash I looked on the shcedule and they paly June 5th it's a Monday and there are tickets right behind home plate available what do think...."

thanks for letting the rest of us in on scheduling your time together--I will write it down in my diary and think of you both on each of those days.

have a wonderful time together perhaps sharing a moment of silence for Howie...

I have to go because my keyboard is getting wet with my tears...

sniff sniff....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 05:06 pm:

LF & I put the info out for public consumption so as someone else might say "Hey I want to tag along!"

Seriously Howie your being trollish and I have not found any of your posts to contain any erstwhile opinion of what is going on with the A's on or off the field. Even though SactoD will fire off childish rants the man gives his heartfelt opinion so stop being an ass and save your snide reply as I will not reply back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 05:20 pm:

jaykva1,
First, snotring crack is a reference to our friend SactoDavey. I guess you were gone when that joke went down. Again, I said joke. I think maybe you are getting a bit emotional.

The coffee reference was in regards to the plethora of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and CAPS you used in your post. That was ALSO meant as a joke and light hearted.

NOW, to Kendal. I don't personally like Kendall. In fact, I think he's a jerk. I think everyone is entitled to their thoughts - absolutely! I have only found myself needing to post on behalf of Kendall cause many of the posts I have seen against him are to me, pretty wrong.

Many posts, and I think you have mentioned some of this, have complained about his lack of homers. Okay, sure, I want all players on our team to hit homers. But putting down a part of someone's game that he really isn't expected to do is just pointless in my mind. That's like saying "Frank Thomas stinks, he's getting $500k this year but he hasn't stolen a base. What a lame player". Okay, well, we didn't sign Frank to steal. Kendall hasn't hit homers in years. He WAS NOT brought in to hit homers.

He was brought in to get hits, get on base, help our young staff, play good defense and bring some grit. Of those qualities, he's helped our staff, he's played good defense (very good I might add) and he's certainly brought some grit. **Certainly he was expected to throw runners out, last year, he sucked, this year, very good. Now, regarding hitting. You complain about his hits and you compain about him NOT hitting. You complain that his singles are too soft. I mean, to me, it's just silly.

Nobody will sit here and say Kendall has exceeded NOR met expectations. Dude is struggling. He knows it, I know, and the american people know it.

BUT, to bring up the contract - it's myopic and misleading. We were able to take on his contract cause we got rid of 2 other bad ones. NO, we would not have been able to sign Barry if we didn't take on Kendall. NO, we would not have been able to spend 30 million on a FA if we didn't take his contract on. That wouldn't have been possible - and I don't need to go into that cause we all know why.

We all know his contract is INSANE - especially for what he's producing now. As mentioned above, when the contract was signed, Kendall was a one of a kind player with 15-20/15-20 potential, .320 BA, .380 OBP and catching 150 games with good defense.
He's degraded since then - less power, less speed.
He hasn't done that stuff for years, and we ALREADY knew this when we got him.

Kendall's 3 year averages have him at 3 homers. That means last year he was 3 homers off his pace for his 3 year average. Would we poop our pants if Chavey had been 3 off his 3 year average? No (and he's even expected to hit homers)!!

In closing, I love everyone's opinions. But your total hatred of Kendall and what I deem as attacks against his playing skills and stats with no regard for what he does well, is just tiring. That's just me. It's not meant as an attack. I just see your post and it's like the little kid running around screaming BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I say that cause I have seen you complain about things that I feel don't make any sense. And complaining about weak hits - HITS! Dude has had the SAME game for years. Soft hits! He's made a living out of bloop hits.

I just don't get it. But again, it's just me. I love you and I love the a's. And it's not cause I love kendall - if I saw you saying you were annoyed with Blanton cause he was fat and wasn't hitting homers, I would probably feel the same way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:36 pm:

Wash lets go for June 19th. I'll get tickets if you want. Call me at the restaurant.

Anyone else want to go. It should be fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:39 pm:

Jay and Adam, you guys are killing me. You should be friends! Please kiss and make up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:51 pm:

Eyleenn the voice of reason. You are a saint.

LIL can we do something about the thing I won't mention

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 11:20 pm:

Cool LF,

I'll give you a call. Secure some good seats! I'll reimburse, obviously.

Re Kendall: If he can get himself on base and into scoring position regulary and not GIDPs, pick up RBIs when presented, then as a fan I can live with that. Who cares if he hits a hard single or a soft single as long as runs cross the plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 12:36 am:

If he does find his stroke I will be thrilled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 12:42 am:

I got the tix were all good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasj on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 08:40 am:

Just live with the fact that nobody likes you Howard. How would you even make it to the game, by hijacking the frito-lay express for the weekend??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:18 am:

hey, can't we all get along here?

jay, how are you? like ey said, you and adam should be friends and I think it was just a misunderstanding...why don't you duke it out in the chat room during a game huh?

as for the trolling...I'll let it slide if everybody takes the same attitude and ignore it...too silly and very imature but we all know baseball fans never grow old so we're all in the same silly boat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:42 am:

Come on people let's not turn into the Angels club house:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 12:10 pm:

sorry...I tried to warn them first...but both howard and vegas were taken to the wood shed for a good spankin...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 03:15 pm:

Swisher on KNBR with Tolbert.

Says Kendall is the backbone on this team and is the one guy who keeps the clubhouse loose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 03:17 pm:

but he can't hit homers, or even get hard singles!

:)

I keed, I keed!

I'll put down the heroin now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 07:48 pm:

Working up to the harder stuff, eh, Adam? :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaykva1 on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 11:29 am:

Clearly best hitters ever ....

Cobb
Rose
Wagner (Honus, NOT Billy or Leon)
Lajoie
Kendall

top 5 NO DEBATE !! ..... guess which hallucinogen I'm on now !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:15 pm:

Well another typical Kendall blowing us the game with his inability to get a damn ball out of the infield.

Even when he's hitting well, I think most A's fans have no faith in Kendall when there are runners on and with less than 2 out cause you know he's gonna hit the ball soft and probably on the ground and what a way to go back to his roots and hit a soft liners into a DP in a game the A's HAD.

Nice job going there Mr. 10+ million....sure hit in your .270-.280 with 0 HRS but with a high OPS. The day Kendall is completely gone from this A's roster...the day I'm a happy A's fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:17 pm:

I'm not a Kendall fan but he hit that ball hard. I thought it was a hit when it left the bat. A truly soft liner and Crosby would have been able to able to get back to the bag.

This is looking like easily the most depressing loss of the season unless a miracle happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:20 pm:

Really? Hard, I guess you can describe as HARD when describing anything solid hitting the ball of Kendall's. God forbid he actually get ANY LIFT on a pitch instead of his routine soft lineouts or groundouts.

It was a soft linedrive, Kendall's forte, and if the 3B had played at normal depth instead of in...still would've been an easy out and a possibly DP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:25 pm:

What about Melhuse? He hits fly balls. Cacha is an idiot and asleep at the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jayho on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:29 pm:

Kendall = Ben Grieve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 04:38 pm:

Yeah, I can remember 3 games where Kendall had a chance to win the ball game..and he really failed in all three attempts.

-Ranger and the game today where he had a man on 3rd with one out and he does he routine soft liner/groundout.

-I think it was also Kendall who got the "game winning" hit against TB but was damn lucky cause the "soft grounder" went thru the legs of Huff and the A's won that one and only game...though don't get credit to Kendall with the win there.

Getting paid this much money, think the highest paid A ever, and he's probably in the top 2 at least in not wanting to see him AB with men on base.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 06:07 pm:

shoulda pinch hit Melhuse and embarrass the hell out of Kendall. He needs to know how non-valuable he is when the game is on the line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 07:04 pm:

It was a nobrainer to pinch hit for Kendall. Scutaro, Melhuse, anyone but Kendall in that situation. Macha is and always has been a puss. Unfriginbelieveable. How many times must he be faced with the same situations only to do nothing? I guess I'm not saying anything new. Just venting. Anyone else sick of Thomas yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 09:01 pm:

I don't think it was a no brainer. Melhuse is way more likely to strike out than Kendall and Kendall hits over .300 with runners on and with RISP. He hit it hard, unfortunately it was right at Feliz. It was just an unlucky DP. However I am losing my patience with Thomas. At what point should the A's hand over the DH spot to somebody else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 09:36 pm:

A flyball was needed. It's a nobrainer when you know Kendall isn't going to hit a flyball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 09:39 pm:

Sad to say, but Thomas is almost a guaranteed out right now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 10:12 pm:

Kendall 28.3% flyballs, 7.5% strikeouts, 7.5% GIDP
Melhuse 25.0% flyballs, 30% strikeouts, 7.5% GIDP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 10:32 pm:

We're talking about flyballs to the outfield, not softliners or popups to infielders. In other words,sac flys that are capable of producing a run. Melhuse is more likely to produce a sac fly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:53 am:

Macha IS asleep at the wheel but tough to blame Kendall for the DP.

Thomas will come around. Looks to me that he's pulling off the ball too much. Would like to see him think up the middle more. He's hit some atom balls that will start falling in. Maybe Big Hurt will find his mojo in Chi town.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.