Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The A'S

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The A'S
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:03 pm:

were just PLAIN BORING tonight. I couldn't keep my eyes open for this yawner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:23 pm:

Yeah, didn't help there was only 12k at the colisuem tonight and the A's did all they can to pretty much kill any chance of getting the crowd excited as they left 12 on base in tonight's game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:40 pm:

to me they are down about 5-7k a game i think those r the third deck people that idea has bombed big time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:47 pm:

I agree Sacto. The 3rd deck closure will prove to be a major mistake and may also be proved intentional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:54 pm:

Maybe but it was just plain cooold tonight and it was the D-Rays....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:55 pm:

Actually the A's attendance has been up this year at this point compared to last year. Not including tonight's game.

2005 home attendance after 14 games....293K
2006 home attendance after 14 games....301K

Not by much but the worrisome thing for me is the weekend attendance figures...the past few years the A's would maybe draw a crowd over 30k on one of the weekend games but I don't know 100% but I don't think they've draw over 30K in any of the weekend games this season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 11:29 pm:

The 3rd deck closing was a good idea. The overall attendance so far is about the same, however the standard deviation is much better. Tonight's attendance was the lowest so far at 12k, whereas last year they drew 10k 4 times at this point in the season. The A's will really cash in if they are in contention down the stretch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By howard63 on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 07:43 am:

They are playing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 10:07 am:

Will be interesting to see if the Swisher bobblehead draws a big crowd today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 03:58 pm:

Really lucky today...that 9th was looking bad after they blew that 1st and 2nd with no outs situation with Scutaro not being able to get the bunt down.

But then to see basically Huff pull a Buckner at third, UGLY WIN but I'd take it.

Zito pitched another gem today...too bad Duke blew in the 8th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 05:14 pm:

UGLY WIN but I'd take it.

I second that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 09:42 pm:

I got to the park around noon and still got a bobblehead. Made me think there would be a small crowd, but there were 25K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By yc2578 on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 09:51 pm:

Since no one has brought it up the only blurb on Duchscherer's injury was sore right elbow which was reported he was having problems last week as well. I've noticed earlier this year how he'd be shaking his right arm after pitches on a regular basis. When you hear about elbow problems with a pitcher typically the prognosis isn't good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 12:56 pm:

That would be a big loss.
We need the Duke! Hopefully he's not out long, but elbow stuff can be really bad news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 02:03 pm:

Elbow tendinitis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 11:15 pm:

Can you say Cortisone shot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.