Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Kendall Rips MLB

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Kendall Rips MLB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasj on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 08:34 pm:

Calls MLB A "Badminton League"...This guy is great, I don't care if he hits .220 with 5 rbi's all year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2439321&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 09:20 pm:

I know this is not going to be a popular position but I think Kendall is one of those guys with a big hang up about respect that I think is pretty silly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 10:37 pm:

A bigger man would have just said shut-up and pitch! After that if Lackey had hit him or thrown at his head then I would say Kendall would have had a legitimate reason for charging the mound.

On the bright side this sits JK's bat for four games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakfan on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 04:07 am:

You are walking through the mall and a guy who you know already has a reputation of making remarks to women passing by, makes a crewd remark to your wife. What do you do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaykva1 on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 08:36 am:

Were John Lackey and SWINDALL walking through a MALL? Was SWINDALL's wife on the field in Anaheim, Fullerton or Garden Grove? ... I'm confused !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tripleacats on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 08:41 am:

Saying "put your arm back out there again" and making a crewd remark about my wife are two entirely different things. ENTIRELY.
That said, I am so very glad that the 120 lb. homerless catcher was able to throw the 300 lb. back-woods boy (slingblade) to the ground to keep his mouth shut.
Lets see if Bufford says anything the next time he faces Kendall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:18 am:

Can't wait for the rematch. The four days could help him plot his next move or training how to fight from a hockey player since they're in Canada. Maybe, Jason going is an anger management class NOT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:21 am:

I liked Kendall's energy last week, but now this is getting silly. He's looking like a whiner.

It's one thing for Kendall to react the way he did. I think Lackey deserved it. On the other hand, Kendall should assume some responsibility now, during the penalty phase, and take it like a man.

You broke the rules? You pay the price. If his persona is all tough-guy...well, tough guys don't cry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaykva1 on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:22 am:

my condemnation of SWINDALL is well-documented, but his 'badminton' comment is pretty damn funny .... I would PAY to see SWINDALL take on Garden Grove Angels announcer REX DUDLER in a Texas Cage Match !!

to be clear, I loathe SWINDALL's on-field, no-hit-for-big-pay performance ... he's killing the team and that huge money could be FAR better spent ... but personally, he's got stones. no line-drives, but he's got cajones !!

conversely, I personally loathe REX DUDLER !!

I'd even pay to watch the SLINGBLADE-SWINDALL rematch !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 11:27 am:

We can agree atleast that Hudler is a freaking MORON!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:06 pm:

"We can agree atleast that Hudler is a freaking MORON!!!!!"

The poster boy for medical marijuanna!

Oakfan,

Your comparing apples to oranges. Even though I am a bit of a Kendall apologist, (Holding out hope he starts hitting .300) I disagree with his immediate charging of the mound. At least it woke Macha up from a gum induced stupor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 01:14 pm:

I agree with ssblip, Kendall comes off as a whiner. He knew any player who charges the mound
is going to get suspended, not just him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakfan on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 02:46 pm:

From what I read in articles, Gollmer also let out an explitive towards Kendall. Also, he has a reputation for talking smack while on the mound so there wasn't much love there to begin with. Lackey has a track record for being an A'hole!

Sorry but IMO, its about time the A's showed some fire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 05:00 pm:

Perhaps next time Kendall should go out there with a pair of tweezers and pull that big mole off Lackey's cheek.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasj on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 05:25 pm:

Can you imagine how much chewing tobacco Lackey can fit in that bottom lip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 05:48 pm:

I'm not much for comments on one's personal appearance. We're all God's children after all.

Regarding charging the mound, I'm with Oakfan, I like the show of fire as well.

Call me Billy Martin, but I am of the opinion that no reason is particularily necessary to stir things up.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.