Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Baseball questions

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Baseball questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rjb77 on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 06:56 pm:

I followed baseball about 20+ yers ago and just within the last couple of years started following it again. Regarding some changes inthe game, can anyone anwser a couple of questions for me?

1. Can players still wear the old sytle batting helmet (without earflaps) like what guys like Reggie, Joe Morgan and Don Baylor used to wear?
2) Why can college players use alluminum bats but Pros can't?
3) Why are uniforms provided by the same Maker?
4) Why are all team official websites run by MLB and not the team.
5)Why do players wear baggy uniforms with pants pulled down to ankles, what happened to stirrups?
6) What's the rule for wearing of game jerseys by Managers - I see many thay tend to wear just a BP like pullovers, and not the standard game jersey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 11:21 pm:

Damn, are you Rip Van Winkle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 02:52 am:

uh Come out to the bleachers this Sunday agaist the Giants, find section 139 ask anyone there who Martin is and we will talk I don't have enough time to type a response :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 11:18 am:

1)no;2)$;3)$;4)$;5)Style;6)Pullover over game jersey (no they don't check).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 11:21 am:

Good answers, Frank. Short, sweet and on the $$.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 02:26 pm:

Actually, I believe teams had control of their websites until 2001. I think that was the first season that MLB took over..

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.