Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Embarrassing

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Embarrassing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 09:30 pm:

kevin, I know how you feel about Rickey. My response was more directed at milo than to you, especially because I witnessed how badly Rickey was treated by giants fans at their park...

and I guess I hold a grudge against the ess eff mediots and giants fans who completely ridiculed Rickey's "today I'm the greatest" speech when in reality his speech was not at all arrogant as they took that phrase out of context.

unfortunately many so-called A's fans also joined in the Rickey bashing...probably the same so-called A's fans giving Bonds the standing O/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 11:21 pm:

What's this breaking the record crap? Hank Aaron holds the record. I believe it is unheard of that when someone ties and/or passes the #2 guy, that such a celebration should ensue.

Frankly, it was my wish that Barroids would've tied/passed Ruth in Mets' Stadium. Actually, a shame it wasn't at Yankee Stadium, which, with interleague play could have been possible. No way in hell they would have cheered him there. But they might have done a few other things.

I recently saw where Barroids, prior to 2000 had homered every 18.something ABs; 2000-2005, it was 8.something. Amazing isn't it ... the numbers this guy has AFTER the age of 35? Bottom line: BALCO's Conte is the one who is responsible for any "records set", and should at least get honorable mention.

Tyler Snyder, the 19 yr. old from Pleasanton, who caught the ball, was asked if he was going to give it to Bonds. His response: "Hell no, I hate that guy."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:38 am:

I just gave my standing O....to Tyler Snyder.

Thanks for the info, DJ. I feel a little better knowing that the kid feels that way. Now I hope he profits tremendously with the sale of the ball to some Barroid fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 08:36 am:

Add my name to the list of embarrassed A's fans. Not only was it bad enough to surrender the HR and have it happen at home, but to give the guy a curtain call? WTF? How often do A's players get curtain calls? Maybe it was those "neutral" fans who were willing to pay $65 for $30 seats, but really how many of those were there? Even with the "neutral" fans and the SF folks who sneaked in, A's fans should still have made up the vast majority in the stadium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 08:58 am:

Comment on another website:

"The kid should give it back to Bonds after putting an asterisk on it with a Marks-A-Lot."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fansince68 on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 09:13 am:

Sorry three-peat, but using the Houston fans as a comparison is a bad one. If A's fans have a problem with other A's fans giving Bonds an ovation I can respect that, but as a baseball fan and a human being, I don't think its necessary for anybody to go crazy when some guy throws at another and intentionally drills him, baseball etiquette or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:18 am:

Well, maybe now all those "classy" A's fans will get a chance to watch Bonds play in green and gold as a DH going after Aaron's record.

Suddenly I just found one good reason the A's should relocate to Fremont. Let THEM build a statue for Bonds in front of their ballpark. Let the Fremont A's share that FAKE legacy and not the Oakland A's.

I've always felt that every organization breeds the fans they deserve. Yesterday was the living proof something very bad has happened to my Oakland A's and its fandom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bunnybehindhome on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:58 am:

"Now batting, designated hitter Barry Bonds..."

Boo! B***! Boo! Boo.....!!!

Boooo--"Hit deep to right! It's gone!"

(Gasp!) Yay!!! Yeah! Barry!!! Barry!!! Barry!!!

(Later, in the fourth...)

"Now batting, designated hitter Barry Bonds..."

Boo!!! Boo!!! B*rr-roids!!! B*rry!!! Booo!!! B******!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 12:21 pm:

will get a chance to watch Bonds play in green and gold as a DH going after Aaron's record. </I

That's the problem with fans who root for uniforms.

And that raises a point: Now that Bonds has caught, and will pass, Ruth, will he retire from baseball? He's on record saying he only cares about catching Ruth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 12:30 pm:

Let me apologize to all for referring to 715 as "record-breaking". I know very well that Aaron has the record. I've been brainwashed by the media!

That said, once he hits 715, the hoopla will die down, and for that, I will be grateful.

As for Bonds in green and gold, the thought makes me ill. I won't ever cheer for that cheater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 03:16 pm:

I can't believe the A's are getting one hit by Cain....he's a good young pitcher but he's stunk all this year and in no way should be dominating the A's bats like this. He's not this good and I don't think the A's offense is this bad.

Now gotta hear and watch this crap from the SF media hyping up their team now. DAMMIT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:00 pm:

Let's hope the A's turn things around by the next bay bridge series in sf in june. I think they will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasjks on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:07 pm:

"As for Bonds in green and gold, the thought makes me ill. I won't ever cheer for that cheater."

But I will cheer for cheaters such as Jason & Jeremy Giambi, Mark Mcgwire, Joser, and possibly Tejada and others.....Lighten up A's fans, we are just as guilty as the Giants fans are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:20 pm:

Speak for yourself. I resent that post. I will never root for a confessed or proven Cheater from any team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:36 pm:

That's a bad analogy vegasjks.
With Bonds, besides his physical appearance, there's been story after story of roid abuse surrounding this guy. We didn't have that with any of the players you mentioned- there were suspicions with Mcgwire and Canseco, but it was no where near the attention to this in the media at that time. Giambi was big when he was here but gained the most weight before his first year with the Yankees when he became a monster. There is no proof whatsoever of Tejada roiding. We can't un-root for these guys in retrospect so your post holds no weight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 04:55 pm:

Who are the "we" here. You mean to tell me the players cheated and the fans are guilty because they believed in the integrity of the players and the game?

I resent what McGwire and Jose did even more than what Bonds is doing. And I will never forgive them for making a mockery of the game I love and respect.

Bonds is an egomaniac who has the arrogance given to him by Selig and Magowan and Co., for his own personal gain. He has pissed on the accomplishments of players like Mays, Ruth and Aaron, so what else can one expect from that jackass.

I certainly refuse to accept that it is ok to cheat. All of those who cheered Bonds are in my opinion totally naive or ignorant, hypocrites or just simply don't give a damn for the game... and I feel the same in regards to Jose, McGwire and all the others who have used or condone unfair competitive enhancing substances.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheese on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 05:07 pm:

I was standing up like everyone else for a couple of minutes after he hit 714 so I could see above the standing people. I think I even applauded partly because it would get this whole count down thing over with sooner. Plus it didn't really hurt us (it made it a 1-1 tie). A little bit of me feels sorry for him (even though he is a jerk) considering the whole baseball world, both home & away crowds, went crazy over the steroid users McGwire and Sosa back in 1998.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 05:26 pm:

Feel SORRY for him??????????
Wow. He brought everything on himself AND he gets $20M a year to deal with the pressure. I don't think he needs sympathy from anyone.

And the bonds hr DID hurt us, we lost the game in extra innings yesterday remember? Without the hr, the A's win that game.

Again, fans didn't know McGwire and Sosa were using back then. Now it's pretty obvious, but back then don't forget the McGwire apologists went crazy when that reporter found the steroid precursor in his locker.

Anyway, I still don't understand why you cheered Bonds' Hr. You cheered because the baseball world went crazy for mcgwire & sosa?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasjks on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 06:31 pm:

Should we be cheering Nick Swisher while he slams 5 Amp energy drinks each game in the dugout?? Bonds is a joke, but don't forget everybody else who cheats in different ways. This whole ere is tainted in so many different ways. Will you be cheering when Javier Herrera hits a homerun for the A's sometime in the near future??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 06:36 pm:

Another bad comparison, vegas jks, also known as vegasj.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasjks on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 06:37 pm:

Explain to me why eyleenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 06:58 pm:

ey, please don't bother to explain...it is pointless and this guy is just trolling as usual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasjks on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:02 pm:

I love how all you anybody can say on this website boils down to two things. Kendall sucks and Bonds cheats. Think, elaborate, define your argument.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheese on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:04 pm:

Kevin, I didn't WANT him to hit the HR and I never said I cheered him. I just applauded for a couple of seconds after it happened, and at that not wildly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:15 pm:

vegas- You don't think "Kendall sucks" or that "Bonds cheats", and you need more elaboration, definition, and argument to be convinced of each? Then you are dumber than I thought you were after I read one of your first posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasjks on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:24 pm:

Well I believe it's easy to say "Kendall Sucks", but if you look deeper into it there is a lot of reasons to say he doesn't. Damian Miller was the previous catcher for the A's, and yes he had better offensive numbers far and away then Kendall. But the A's starting pitching struggled mightily with Miller calling games, and Kendall has turned Zito and others around, while developing studs like Haren, Harden, Street, etc. By explaining this you form a much better argument, instead of piling onto a guy who hit into a double-play. Agree or not, just give an argument that can contribute to a meaningful conversation instead of constantly challenging a posters mental level.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:26 pm:

ignore.

Cheating is cheating bad and not cool.

Cheating and lying about real bad really not cool.

Cheating, lying about it and then blaming the media Over the top bad Sooooo not cool

I can't stand the fact that Bonds was cheered it makes me sick.

Big Mac is a jack ass too. At least G for the most part has admitted it and moved forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:29 pm:

Ok, now give us your meaningful argument why you think Bonds does not cheat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegasjks on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 07:35 pm:

I didn't say Bonds does not cheat. I said that just because he is in the spotlight, and steroids is the most well known supplement, you can't excuse other forms of cheating that happen in the game on a daily basis. Many past and present parts of the Oakland Athletics franchise have been as dirty as they come, so how can we call Bonds the biggest cheat and "I would never cheer for him." Anybody that says they would not cheer for Giambi if he was still wearing the green and gold is a liar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ballparkfrank on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 08:01 pm:

Sightings at the park today (did not see any A's hitters): Rickey Henderson and Tyler Snyder (not together). Alex Smith was there yesterday to witness the Barroid's moment of unholy glory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 08:06 pm:

"I didn't say Bonds does not Cheat". Well, which is it? Does he or doesn't he? If you say he does't,then,there is no doubt, you are an idiot. If you say he does cheat, then you need to apologize to all the other posters on this forum that you have offended with your idiotic and demeaning posts. Also, you posted, "Anybody that says they would not cheer for Giambi if he was still wearing the green an gold is a liar." Well, I,for one, would not cheer for any cheater in the green and gold or any other team for that matter and I resent being called a liar. Now, after you have apologized, you can go away asswipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 09:27 pm:

So Amp energy drinks are illegal in baseball now? Don't be a troll!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:18 am:

Boston fans knew back in 1988 that McGwire and Canseco were using. Then that bottle found in Mac's locker? People knew, Selig just wiped it under the carpet trying to repair the damage the lockout had. I wouldn't have stood and cheered, I just say lets get on with the game, didn't the A's PA recognize it? I think the A's need to recognize it because if they don't, then they need to take down 4 of their AL Championships and 1 World Series title....something they are too proud of to let go...otherwise if we do let it go, we give the Giants they first world championship in SF....so we recognized a mere career milestone while keeping the world series trophy out of AT & T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:30 am:

The roid brothers weren't big factors in the world series that year. They could've easily won that series without them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:35 am:

again, withe the curtain call, there were a LOT of giants fans there but bonds makes that decision to go back out himself. the crowd was begging for him to do a curtain call, they were just still cheering. you guys are taking this way too seriously. let them have their little moments. 1989 is all i need :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:36 am:

McGwire's brother was a bodybuilder and known roider. Mark went from a tall skinny kid to a cartoon character (with acne). Canseco's ridiculous body and many injuries also led to a lot of doubt to his legitimacy. It wasn't just Boston fans. Many of us A's fans started to get very suspicious, but the stories were not public like they have been with Bonds- and there were no hallowed records being chased back in the late 80's/early 90's where these guys were involved, so this is comparing apples to oranges.

You can't start talking about taking trophies away because what about the other teams? You're sure Kevin Mitchell never touched the juice? How about Roger Clemens? We already know about Palmeiro, who played back then, it's crazy to think the A's were the only team with players roiding. You would not only have to take away trophies and titles, you would basically have to wipe out about 10 years of stats altogether.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:41 am:

Hey, at least A's fans back in the late 80s/early 90s weren't blind or deaf to Canseco and his negatives....whenever he would come up even in Oakland at the coliseum, you'd hear just as many boos as you would cheers for him even during his MVP years with the A's.

SF fans are so damn blind that whenever his name is announced at AT&T, all you hear are cheers and rarely any boos.

Bonds both on and off the field is almost pretty much even with Canseco when it deals with how big of an ass he is both on and off the field with controversy but at least the A's fans back then didn't blindly cheer for the guy making him out to be a guy who did no wrong like the majority of SF fans do with Bonds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:40 pm:

kevk, exactly my point, selig will never go back into the record annals and put an * on it. how about the pitchers....Clemens' name has been dumped into the mix...now he's out..

oakland_j, the fact that they were on the team is enough, they got there didn't they? I mean when you have a Mike Moore hitting, forget the Roid Bros......nevertheless Selig will not enter the record books and rewrite history.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.