Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

A's cap color question

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: A's cap color question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oak44 on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 07:16 pm:

The A's have always had the classic green and gold caps with the old english A's in white. I am wondering what year they switched from the kelly green and gold cap to the darker green and gold. I want to say 1982, reason being is that I have seen Billy Martin wearing both shades, with the dark in '82, his last season with the club. However, I recently saw a picture of Tony Larussa wearing a Kelly green and gold cap. He didn't start until '86. Did they switch back sometime between '1981 and '1995?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 09:59 pm:

Maybe you saw LaRussa in the kelly green while he played for the A's in the 60's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 05:44 pm:

I believe the A's switched to Forest Green the year the Haas family bought the team.

Kelly Green was a Charley Finley invention. God bless you my friend!

Bunny?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 12:27 am:

You can find all the history of logos/unis at this site....

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=69

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jerryo1 on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 09:22 am:

Or here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 09:36 am:

Since when do the A's wear black spikes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 10:33 am:

Those pics don't show the alternate black jerseys from a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 10:44 am:

You mean this ugly things...I remember B.King hated them.:)

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=4186

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 11:11 am:

I agree with King, but Ben Grieve love those jerseys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By gregorymark on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 11:29 am:

That would be Kelly Green and Ft. Knox Gold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oak44 on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 03:01 pm:

Those images are slightly off. They show all white socks during 72-1984, when in fact they actaully had the gold (Ft. Knox Gold) socks with green stirrups. They actually transition from a kelly green stirrup to the darker green sometime after 1983.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 04:20 pm:

They didn't wear colored pants after 1971 either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 04:29 pm:

I think they had white sanis with the home unis circa 82-84. They tried grey shoes with the road unis at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 01:22 pm:

Oak44, the LaRussa picture you saw may have just been the color of the photo. I remember going through old A's Magazines in the late 80's, and the green looked a lot lighter than what it really is.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.