Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The $8,000,000 Man Revisited

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The $8,000,000 Man Revisited

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 04:40 pm:

Chavy helped WIN the game today with his glove.

Do I agree with those who say he should be hitting lower in the order? Yes. I'd like to see him switch batting positions with Swisher.
I put the current situation all on Macha's stubborness and/or idiosy because Chavy seems willing to accept any decision without complaint.

But, its all about winning and the A's are 2-0 partially with steller D from our 3rd bagger and without Chavy hitting a lick.

I will accept 2-0 without complaint. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 04:27 pm:

PLAYOFF watch stats- Average .200 2-2 2R 1RBI 2BB FINALLY, Chavez is the hero of the game, along with Scooter. Today the A'S WIN, in part, because of Chavez.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 04:39 pm:

Chavy, as always with the glove and, today with the bat, is our MVP of the day.

Scooter is the MVP (by a hair over Big Hurt) for the series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 09:18 pm:

PLAYOFF Watch stats- AB13 H3 Ave. .231 HR1 R1 RBI1 BB3 K5 LOB3 K in the 4th was huge. Ball put in play gets at least 1 run. Fox announcers and I have stressed that if Chavez does not hit, the A'S lose. It really doesn't matter that much what Thomas does. Chavez is the key to the A'S chances. Let's get them tomorrow, Eric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 01:09 am:

Eric needs some more right in the center of plate like the one he hit out in game 3 vs Minn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 11:06 am:

Nasty pitch on the Chavez K in the 4th BUT everyone in the stadium knew a slider low and away was coming.
I would have liked to see Eric think a little more against the tough lefty and lay off that pitch to load the bases.

The A's are going to see a lot of lefty pitching (hopefully) in this series. Eric needs to cut down his swing against them.

Having said all this, I acknowledge its all easier said, than done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 06:33 pm:

ABSOLUTELY pathetic defense by chavez so far in this series

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 07:00 pm:

if we lose this game and this series we can look at that ground ball DP that he just flat out misplayed and hang it all on his head. There are moments in games that change to outcome of a whole series and that could be one of those plays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 07:03 pm:

A's not hitting with RISP this series sure doesn't help either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 08:40 pm:

Playoff Watch stats- G5 AB17 H4 Ave.234 HR2 R2 RBI2 BB3 K7 LOB4 Have we seen enough of Chavez in post seasons yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 08:42 pm:

FUCKING MENTAL midget!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 09:07 pm:

I hate to say it, but mental midget seems to be an appropriate description. He still shows no heart, IMO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 09:11 pm:

I knew this thread would be alive and well. what a P.O.S. I can live with anemic hitting but his glove is his asset. that was a chokejob. second day in a row he pulled this. joke. at least get your body in front of the ball...none of that ole' shit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 09:57 pm:

eric chavez. franchise player or weakest link? grrr.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 04:51 pm:

Playoff Watch stats- G6 AB20 H4 Ave.200 HR2 R2 RBI2 BB3 K8(eight) LOB4 I honestly think the A'S should seriously consider trading Chavez in the off season. History suggests that Chavez IS NOT and never will be the "Franchise player" necessary to lead the A'S to a WS championship. He's had his chance and has failed. It will be difficult for me to follow the A'S next year with Chavez on the roster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 05:48 pm:

geeez chavez makes fielding 3rd base the best there is common , the mistake was letting miggy go we needed both of them the awsome 3rd base guy who hits 25 hr but dont count on him for big at bats and the SS who does hit the clutch hit they worked great together but not alone at least for chavez.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegas_j on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 06:34 pm:

Did anybody hear the candid conversatition between the strikeout brothers in the dugout during the third inning? To me it shows the attitude of the A's franchise player and why he constantly fails. He sits by Swisher just smiling and making excuses "Man, just missed that one", show some freakin emotion!! Making jokes about how he wore some stupid arm sleeve or something and struckout 3 times "but we won so i will do it for the team".....Does that sound like a winner?? A franchise player?? How about an average player with an above average glove. If that is all he brings to this franchise, trade him and move Scutaro to third because he is just as effective with the glove, and sadly the bat. I swear he reminds me of Pedro Serrano in Major League. Strikes out and says "That was a beautiful pitch" Get this guy a live chicken or something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 08:49 pm:

sacto & all,
serious question, do u think the a's didn't resign miggy b/c they knew he was on roids? there have been a lot of miggy/roid rumors...i wonder...totally serious...

not hating on miggy...he's my favorite mlber. wear his jersey all the time...but do wonder...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 09:21 pm:

N0 BB kept Chavez over Miggy because he felt Chavez had a bigger up side in the long run. Obviously, that was a mistake. BB should rectify this mistake by trading Chavez in the off season. The A'S will not win a WS with Chavez on the roster. IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 09:54 pm:

Miggy was expendable because Crosby was ready to come up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ronc on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 10:04 pm:

Problem is they didn't know that Crosby's middle name is Crystal.

Should have signed Miggy and kept Spiezio.

I know shuddawuddacudda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 10:58 pm:

Tejada may have hit in the "clutch" in the regular season but his postseason #s with the bat aren't much better than Chavez. Plus, it's not like Tejada had any brain freezes like not scoring in game 5 of the 2001 ALDS when Giambi got a hit and him stop running in game 3 of the 2003 ALDS against BoSox.

Tejada's postseason #s..

-.212, 8 runs, 7 2Bs, HR, 8 RBIs, 3 BBs, 16 Ks in 85 ABs.

Chavez's postseason #s..

-.229, 10 runs, 6 2Bs, 3 HRs, 10 RBIs, 6 BBs, 22 Ks in 95 ABs.

I was one who thought Chavez would actually step up and it looked like he would this season after that great first month but then the injuries happened and he was never the same at the plate since April. Now would've a healthy Chavez done much better than an injured one in the playoffs, maybe not but lets not make Tejada out like he would've done much better when his playoff #s showed he stunk even worse than Chavez has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 11:16 pm:

Whose the BETTER LEADER and INSPIRATION to other team members? Who would you rather have REPRESENT the A'S? TEJADA- end of argument.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 11:33 pm:

No doubt Tejada was the heart and soul for the A's but I just don't think if he were on the A's, the team would be whipping up on the Tigers right now and he'd too probably be having another lousy postseason performance like he did from 00-03.

Also if somehow Tejada gets busted for roids, how would the A's handle that situation. Like it's been mentioned, there's wide speculation by many who have come out that have pointed Tejada as a possible juicer.

Would it surprise me if he were busted eventually, probably not. I hope it's not true though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 05:30 am:

The problem there is that Chavez is a match with Beane's choice of field manager and Tejada was not...

and I do agree in that Beane felt the Chavez/Crosby combo was a better fit for the team making Tejada expendable.

The MACHA/CHAVEZ/CROSBY trilogy only worked in B illy's head and not in reality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 07:48 am:

listen chavez is a key to winning he is a great 3rd baseman and good bat not great, just he needed miggy at SS.

to me beane is to blame for not signing Miggy, now he could have had the pwoer to tell schott we gotta have this guy but no we got a injury prone guy who might never turn out.

look when we had giambi and Miggy we had charactor and some grit not we got soft i am just glad to be here players.

that attitude is showing in this round of Baseball.

oh the mistake of pitching Loiaza in 2nd game killed us, if Harden had pticed that game we win no doubt.

beane makes many more mistakes then he makes good desicsions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 05:27 pm:

THIS IS THE END! Playoff Watch stats- G7 AB 23 H 5 Ave.217 HR 2 R 2 RBI 3 BB 4 K 8 LOB 5 Look for a restart of this thread NEXT SPRING. I am sure of a restart as long as Chavez, our great"franchise player", is with the team.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.