Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Open Letter to Oakland's City Officials

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Open Letter to Oakland's City Officials
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 01:12 pm:

I am apalled at the recent report in the Oakland Tribune that a "gag order" has been issued to prevent full public debate of the merits of
competing proposals for the Uptown site. This "dirty trick" is contrary to the spirit of small d democracy and is the kind of back room political dealing that I formerly believed that Mayor Brown was so vehemently against. It is
disappointing to find out how wrong I was. I encourage the mayor and his allies on this issue to shun backdoor dealing and withdraw their opposition to the flow of information from City Manager Bobb and other city officials and
allow a full and vigorous public debate on the competing proposals instead of shoving yet another publicly subsidized housing project down the throats of Oakland residents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 01:28 pm:

Excellent. May I remind all Oakland residents that the City Council meets every Tuesday at City Hall and the meeting starts at 7:00pm.

Anybody can sign up before the start of the meetings to speak in open forum, even if the item they want to speak is not in their agenda. A speaker has one minute but can use another speaker's time if they so agree.

We encourage Oakland residents to speak out. City Council members are representing your voting district.

Board members of the OAFC have spoken on behalf of the thousands of petitioners who have signed onto our cause and support making an effort to keep the A's in Oakland.

Don't just sit back and watch it happen. Speak out! Be firm and polite but make them hear you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

I e-mailed my rant to Brown, DLF, Reid, Bobb, and the letters to the editor of the Oakland Tribune.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 03:00 pm:

Great job, bdave.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.