Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

IN REALITY

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: IN REALITY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 01:55 pm:

If you Look at the Yankees linupe it has to be the best lineup in baseball history bar none they have matsui shefeild, abrau god no one is batting under .275

the Yankees are going all the way people to much firepower!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 02:27 pm:

The bigger they are the harder they fall, Sacto baby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 02:28 pm:

Except that you forget that good pitching will always beat good hitting, especially in short term.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 02:48 pm:

Damon, Jeter, Abreu, AROD, Giambi, Sheffield, Matsui, Posada, Cano. Taking a break with Cano, modern day murderer's row. Old saying, offense sells tickets, defense wins championships. Between Sheffield-Giambi-Matsui, only one can DH. ARod, at 3rd?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 02:52 pm:

Sacto. Have you ever been right about anything? You throw these huge predictions out here just so you can say I told you so. Wow! Thats going out on a limb picking the Skanks. They should win it all. It just makes it all the sweeter if they don't. You should be biting your nails right now Sacto. Your team the Dodgers are fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot. Us A's fans can relax a bit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 03:42 pm:

HEY ReTarDed the Dodgers are not my team just because i did not like the bradly trade.

now no predictions just looking at the big picture, even in the dynasty run of 98-2000 they never had close to this linupe so i am just stating the case.

yes pitching is better then hitting but with this linupe even they can wear down good pitching in a 7 game series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 03:54 pm:

hahahahahahahaha...

ReTarDed.....hahahaha.....Sacto, how long were you at the keyboard trying to piece that together????? Wow....it probably took all day..

hahahahahahaha....classic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 03:59 pm:

ummm.... 10 seconds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 04:24 pm:

What's a linupe? Is that like a chalupa?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 05:32 pm:

You did say "Go Dodgers" on another thread. Didn't you? Glad to see you spell checked ReTarDed. It's a first. I always knew you were very clever. Still a big big fan of yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 05:47 pm:

Good spelling always beats good hitting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaykva1 on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 06:01 pm:

In the words of Rodney King and in the spirit of Bill King, 'can we just all get along?'

and that's me .... le curmudgeon, saying that

why do you folks always take sacto's bait ... he purposely misspells and types extreme reactions then just sits back and laughs at your reactions !!

regardless, GOOOOOOOOOO GO-GO-GO-GO A's !!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By orangeman on Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 09:21 pm:

Lil, you're right about pitching. Only thing is, do the other competitors have enough pitching to get past the Yankees?

All three have the potential. But the A's staff has struggled of late against lesser lineups, the Tigers are very young, and the Twins lack depth behind Santana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 04:01 am:

I guess our way of relaxing is throwing insults around at eachother.

06...soon to be 07 is doing a great job for all of those who miss naomi so much at a time like this...

sigh...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 04:05 am:

WOW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 08:23 am:

i love taking Sacto's bait. I'm a big fan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By irv on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 01:51 pm:

"06...soon to be 07 is doing a great job for all of those who miss naomi so much at a time like this..."

I think Naomi misses all of you too. And she is probably flattered and honored to even be mentioned in Diamond Lil's post. But don't think she is not around. I bet she visits this site regularly to catch up on expert baseball chatter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By washfan38 on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 10:45 pm:

I think the A's are going to win the ALDS with Lozeriza going in game 2....what do you think Naomi would think about that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 02:40 am:

Whats a Lozeriza.

Honesty this thread made me bust a gut. I love this place and the more silly it's gets the better.
Naomi has taken her place among all great archetypes as the classic troll. She takes on immortality because she is just like any plague or street gang if you take them out there will be 2 waiting to take her place. Like the tail of a lizard that grows back. Whatís interesting though is while we watch the same ďpersonĒ come and go they think they are brand new. Naomi can take her place with all great mythology. Of course serial killers like Son of Sam also share a place in the collective conscience of most people. So should she be proud that she lives on here, I suppose she could Henry David Chapmen and Charlie Manson reveled in there infamy as well. Now a troll on the internet is not evil like a serial killer but to be human is to be divided by good and evil. Most things fall on one side or the other. Butterfly good Spider bad. Squirrel good and cute Sewer Rat bad and ugly. And we all know what side the troll takes in our collective story telling past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By irv on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

hey leftfield-- how long did THAT post take to write? You sure are spending a lot of time away from your family and children coming up with a witty little post that, well, really no one understands nor cares to even read.

thought you were done weeks ago commenting on Naomi-

sounds to me like she has had the last word, pal.

so very very classic.

she'll be waiting for you next knee-jerk response lefty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 12:58 pm:

this is so annoying!!! can we just the posts to baseball and leave out all the personal stuff?? seriously, if you want to say something to somebody, email them.

we're going to the freakin' playoffs!! if you're not excited about that, or all you want to do is bitch and moan, then go do it somewhere else... or wait until we've been eliminated. then we can all bitch and moan.

'nuff said

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 01:27 pm:

Yes yes ray you are correct. I think Iím so excited/nervous to get started in the playoffs that I welcomed the distraction. I am so jacked up I can hardly stand it. Man I hope we can out of the first round.

PS. My post on Naomi was brilliant. My wife proof read it and my children dressed as trolls and did an interruptive dance to help inspire me, While this is fun and do enjoy feeding trolls, what can I say itís a guilty pleasure and I'm sure we all have a few of those. I will for the sake of those around me cease and desist after this post I will ignore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By irv on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 01:32 pm:

"I will for the sake of those around me cease and desist after this post I will ignore."

sure you will cease and desist after this post lefty... just like a dog ceasts, disists and ignores its vomit...

you'll be back and she'll be waiting--

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 01:39 pm:

ok, one more thread hits the dead end trolling road to archive...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 01:41 pm:

You are my vomit?? LOL woof woof

ugh ya got me i feel so cheap :-) LOL

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.