Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The Little Hurt

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The Little Hurt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wanda81 on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 08:04 pm:

and stop being my judge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dgaddy1 on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 08:38 pm:

Back on the subject.

We keep Thomas, Payton, and Bradley.

We trade Chavez to Baltimore for Tejada staight up.

If Crosby comes back, either move him to 3rd or have Scooter play 3rd.

So we have:

Kendall C
Kotsay CF
Bradley RF
Thomas DH
Payton LF
Swisher 1B
Crosby SS/3B
Scutaro 3B/SS
Ellis 2B

As far as pitching:

Just about everyone stays besides Zito and Blanton who we could MAYBE package with Chavez somewhere.

And oh yeah,

Fire Macha and replace him Washington.

Comments anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 08:52 pm:

I think the players would LOVE IT if Washington replaced Macha. Unfortunately that won't happen.

I would love to see Thomas, Payton and Bradley all come back, but that probably won't happen either. Payton will probably be the odd man out.

It would be great to have a true leadoff hitter for a change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 08:56 pm:

I find it interesting these new posters never posted before until after this series.Hmm...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vegas_j on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:10 pm:

Screw off "Lil" You are a rude arrogant person who conducts her website with a clicky attitude. You mean nothing to the A's or to A's fans. Do you think people need to kiss your ass to say what they want and not get booted for "trolling"?? What exactly did wanda81 say that was so wrong? It does not compare to "Macha is a goddamn idiot"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:19 pm:

What? Macha isn't a goddamn idiot?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland_j on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:20 pm:

wanda81 is clearly a fly by night troll. Probably the same one that makes an appearance every so often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:24 pm:

I don't mean nothing to the Oakland A's?

OMG and here I thought Wolff cared so much about me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:48 pm:

Lil, you are just like the rest of us A's fans. Wolff doesn't care about any of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:50 pm:

yes but...i just thought i was soooo special...this comes to me as huge shock you know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By poughkeepsiepat on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 10:14 pm:

It seems like you handle yourself with dignity whenever anyone dares to disagree with your small-minded "everything sucks and that's final" type opinions. Are you really outraged that some people might have some positive things about the A's after a successful season? The A's outlasted 26 other teams.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By poughkeepsiepat on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 10:15 pm:

"positive things to say". Missed 2 words there. Apologies...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 10:36 pm:

This is a fan site. Fans are free to criticize their team. That doesn't mean we don't love the A's. Yes, the A's overachieved this season. That doesn't mean we can't be disappointed by being swept and vent our frustration.

Wanda criticizes a poster's comment, but she, being a newcomer, may not know the history or the relationships between the posters. She is not in a position to judge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:02 am:

I want a real leadoff hitter.
I think we should trade Street. He's still got value, but he's been shaky for a while now, and Duke had been solid up until he got hurt.

Other than that I wouldn't change much. Maybe a 2B that doesn't get hurt all the time would be nice too. Soriano? Ya right!

I think we are in good shape for next season. Losing Zito sucks, but it's not devastating, as long as Harden can stay healthy.

I'm sure I'm not done with this topic yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By armond on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 10:23 am:

If people have such a problem with negative comments please leave.This site is no different than all those socalled know it alls at fanhome.Why dont all of u jerks who dont like us criticizing that pitiful perfomance in the ALCS take your positive outlook where the sun dont shine. 5 playoff failures in 7 years will make you upset.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By poughkeepsiepat on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 11:21 am:

There is a difference between criticism and the viewpoint that "everything about the A's sucks, and if you don't believe that, you're a jerk". The A's deserve some criticism for the holes in their team, especially on offense.

A sampling of most recent threads would indicate: The A's suck. The ownership sucks. Billy Beane sucks. Ken Macha sucks. Eric Chavez, Frank Thomas and a majority of the A's roster sucks. People who don't agree with all of the above and have the temerity to express their opinion suck. Did I miss anything?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:16 pm:

Yes, you missed the fact that most of the folks who post here are rabid baseball and A's fans.
Most of these folks have posted here for years and spend time at game chat when the team is away. We rant and vent to make us feel a little better and don't need anybody calling us disgraceful or disloyal as fans.

Many of us fans have been s.t. holders or go to nearly all the home games and support this team through rain or shine.

You also missed the fact that this site is not sponsored by A's and is completely paid for by a few supporters of the A's who have been together as a watchdog organization, trying to inform the casual fans how horrible MLB and the two last A's ownerships have been to Oakland and its residents and fans.

Yes, I'm rude and have no patience when folks come in here telling how to be good fans and how to root for our team.

You can root and love the team all you want but please don't come in here preaching to the choir.

We want competitive baseball in Oakland because we feel this franchise has a legacy to live up to and failing in post season as they have is unacceptable to many of us.

I hope I covered everything except that I left out the fact that people who go visit other people's houses shouldn't criticize them without at least after getting to know them better.

Drive by posters after losses in the playoffs are always trying to patrol the net and are not welcome here. This doesn't make them any better as fans just because they want to sound gracious in the loss.

Unless you're a troll like naomi or a sicko like Spitzer, feel free to join us in regular season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:23 pm:

OK this is not difficult.

Do you all remember high school.

OK did you find people who you liked to hang out with or did you hang around people that said things you did not like and treated you poorly.

If you donít; like us here go the fuck away and find people that donít upset you.

If we donít like you and you stay that is you business but donít be surprised if LIL who has done a lot of work to make this site work for those of us who love it here controls this site in any way she deems appropriate.

I am no hippy dippy love guy so I will tell you like it is.

F**** OFF LOSERES.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:31 pm:

"did you hang around people that said things you did not like and treated you poorly."

I did a lot of this with a guy that used to hng out at the other end of my row. You could count on that guy to spout all kinds of crazy stuff. Made things thought provoking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By armond on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

I dont how long you have been on this site but for the most part people have posted here for years about where this team is headed as far as ownership, style of play and choice of manager. Alot of people have never liked Macha period. Alot of people dont like how Beane builds this team and how when healthy Chavez hasnt been a big time player offensively. Disagree fine but to tell people they should be happy after seeing another playoff failure wont fly. Ownership sucks because they have lied about their true intentions regarding their future in Oakland. Now u may or may not care about that but alot of people here do hence the name "OAFC" not "FAFC" or "SJAFC". I dont believe u are a jerk if u disagree but I have seen so many posters come in with their agendas or constant criticism of people here who started this website for many years now. I couldnt believe some of the things said on other A's forums about this site especially since Ive met several of the people here as far back as '99. From tailgates to city council meetings the fans here really do care about this team no matter how NEGATIVE they may seem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By muddlehead on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 12:42 pm:

jeepers i think i stumbled into the wrong hotel room

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 01:05 pm:

I never treated you poorly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bleacherdave on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 01:44 pm:

True Dat.

Except for the time you pushed me out of the way.....and dropped the ball anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 03:04 pm:

Right on,Lil! By the way, how are your parents? I remember you aying you were caring for them. Believe it or not, my father-in-law passed away yesterday. My daughter has lost two grandads in two weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 04:04 pm:

dorrit, thanks so much for asking. They're as well as they can be at 97 and 93 :')
Sorry to hear about you father n law. My condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wanda81 on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 05:14 pm:

"If you donít; like us here go the fuck away and find people that donít upset you."

thanks for the comments there hippy dippy.

so amazingly classy.

does this type of language go without comment from our moderator?

ps--it is obvious from leftfield's posts that this site needs a spell check.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.