Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Oakland has nothing to be ashamed of

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Oakland has nothing to be ashamed of
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By armond on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 07:01 pm:

we all knew this was coming eventually so let me first address all of you closet san jose fans. dont come in here sayin how you wished they stayed in oakland but are satisfied with going to the games because that lyin ass wolfe wrote you a letter. for us true oakanders and those who support our city thank u for staying true. the writing has been on the wall the minute schottman bought the team. remember that ed silva guy who sued schott for failing to pay his location fee for south bay sites? the tabling of the dolich/piccinini sale and the lack of support from the a's when OAKLAND spent money on ballpark research and HOK coming to town. THEY NEVER WANTED TO STAY HERE!!! if they wanted to make it work they would have. screw the NUMMI workers who will go to the games, especially the one who said who cares about oakland. the city will move on and as sad as this day is i'm glad its over and done with. now i dont have to watch that boring ass style of play they use. baseball has passed all of us by who refuse to have laptops at the stadium. i am more disgusted than mad because of the lack of outcry for a major city in a supposedly diverse and caring area. it just goes to show that the bay is and always has been full of shit. thats why OAKLANDERS carry a chip on their shoulder. thanks to all that gave it their best for u have nothing to be ashamed of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 07:36 pm:

Btw, armond brought up a great point about "style of baseball" and the A's.

I'd like to know what Billy Beane meant when he said
A's fans won't have to root for laundry anymore but for the number on the back.

Does he mean the A's will no longer have to play HIS style of baseball? Billy Bean will start signing free agents like Steinbrenner? The A's will no longer play station to station baseball because he, Billy Beane will be able to buy FIVE TOOL players instead of one dimensional sluggers?

Well, in that case Billy can start by hiring a REAL Field Manager and not a puppet.

Or maybe Billy meant he can now sign a REAL homerun hitter like Barry Bonds. G_d knows he will be able to afford him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 07:44 pm:

That was a good post armond but what did you mean by "it just goes to show that the bay is and always has been full of shit."?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 08:46 pm:

I think he meant, the would be progressives are full of themselves for not defending a diverse & culture rich city as Oakland. Some idiot on another website said Femont campares to Oakland. This chickenhead knows nothing about the continental railroad linking the rest of the country to the west via Oakland in the 1870's, let alone the Oakland Oaks of the PCL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By armond on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 08:59 pm:

no problem kevin. what im sayin is that the bay has always had this attitude of being so progressive and forward thinking. this is supposed to be a sensitive and caring area yet they have no problem being insensitive when it comes to oakland. that goes for the north, south and several parts of the east bay even. go around and ask people here what do they they of oakland and see what reaction you get. for example, i moved to san jose 2 years ago because i changed jobs and when some people i met or worked with down here found out im from oakland the first thing they talked about was me movin because of how crazy it is. i havent lived in oakland since 02. from 02 to 04 i was in hayward and the crime rate had nothing to do with me movin it had to with my employment. also this one lady was surprised i'm from there because i have good manners and know how to speak to people in a professional environment and she was black like me sayin that shit. now how ignorant is that? my point is that no matter what race or age you are there is this ridiculous idea here that oaklanders are less civilized than others around the bay. btw kevin are u in the bay?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 09:40 pm:

yep armond. it starts with those punk-ass ess efers. those are some of the fakest ass people around. they rip on LA like it's superficial but essefers are faker. they front like they're all enlightened riding around in their priuses but they still are a bunch of high maintenence wine and cheese having fakies. at least LA people don't hide their fakeness...plus at least LA has all the honeys. i digress, now with oakland, game over. it's basically a black and white issue. Oakland = blacks = crime...that's the SF media spin. Don't trust essefers.

What's ironic is that oakland gets shitcanned with this move duriinga time when the east bay is really coming up with all the lofts, emeryville and it's overcrowdedness, Jack London has always been cool...but I can't tell you how many once boarded up buildings are gone and have been revamped. this is a bummer, my dream was a park in Jack London Square. The oakland metro area would have been hopping! this is shitty but at least a sobering reminder that you can't trust THE MAN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 09:41 pm:

yep armond. it starts with those punk-ass ess efers. those are some of the fakest ass people around. they rip on LA like it's superficial but essefers are faker. they front like they're all enlightened riding around in their priuses but they still are a bunch of high maintenence wine and cheese having fakies. at least LA people don't hide their fakeness...plus at least LA has all the honeys. i digress, now with oakland, game over. it's basically a black and white issue. Oakland = blacks = crime...that's the SF media spin. Don't trust essefers.

What's ironic is that oakland gets shitcanned with this move duriinga time when the east bay is really coming up with all the lofts, emeryville and it's overcrowdedness, Jack London has always been cool...but I can't tell you how many once boarded up buildings are gone and have been revamped. this is a bummer, my dream was a park in Jack London Square. The oakland metro area would have been hopping! this is shitty but at least a sobering reminder that you can't trust THE MAN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rockoaka on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 10:03 pm:

Armond-

You absoultly right. OAKLAND has nothing to be ashamed of. Nor do the efforts of the founders of this site. Thank you Lil! I never had the pleasure of meeting you, but I have admired you for years! This site has inspired and has enlighten me. It has prompted me to write to city leaders, owners and reporters. Dave Newhouse (hero for the cause) even condenced my letter into his column. Even a half hour personal phone call from IDLF. I have met wonderful folks like that of Chris Dobbins of Green Stampede (I would love to see wolff tell those kids, to go to fremont to get tutored, it really wasn't about community anyway was it) and the folks from the Choose or Loose front, Rob Limon (he gets it), Aimee Alison and Arnie Fields (he gets it). The future of Oakland politics were sowed with this fight and its future is bright.

So here we are. Sadden by the actions, not surprised at all, but broken hearted nonetheless.

What hurts the most is this, baseball will be over in Oakland. A city that has been playing the game since the 1850s against SF. We have housed the PCL for over 50 yrs. Had a negro league team, the Larks, and 40 years of the team we tried so hard to save. Go to Hell wolff!

Please keep this in mind.
We'll always will have Bill King.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By armond on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 10:34 pm:

exactly. he will always and only be the announcer of OUR Oakland Athletics. youll hear people take shots on the radio and tv but we all know the deal. look at montreal for example. i respect the people of montreal for not supporting that crap they were put through. the people of the bland ass south bay will ride the legacy built in oakland. just watch how the atmosphere will be different with all the tech geeks and no personality havin snobs that surround this place.the true blue collar spirit will be gone as we make way for the future of sports. I cant stand what sports have become now so i wont watch many games of anyone now. cal football is about enough for me. atleast i know ill be supporting an institution that has become entertaining while maintaining its academic standards. i just heard jt the brick talk about how we lost our team to fremont when we didnt lose it, they left. it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds but fuk selig and all of mlb as im now officially done with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 10:58 pm:

now now...i think we'll stay fans...just won't be as hardcore. the big issue isn't the move...it's going to be the outrageous tix prices and they vanilla atmosphere.

what's so funny is that if you were an outsider you'd think we're nutz for griping about this move. it is only 20 minutes but those are a significant 20 minutes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rockoaka on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 11:10 pm:

Armond-

Wait till Santa Clara County trys to lure UC Berkeley south. There is plenty of land next to Great America in their parking lot. Don't forget the days of East Bay/SF institutions are over. The population and the money is in Silicon Valley, didnt you get an email from wolf today. We can build a village and incorporate dining and dorms with a better more high tech Memorial Stadium, where fans can do card stunts through pdas that they'll rent inside the stadium.

Joking aside, i'm totally in agreement with you.
We need to save tightwad hill!

We still have Golden Gate Fields, Raiders and Cal athletics (lest not forget the gales of st marys) oh wait there is that basketball team that with thunderbolts from goldenstate.

btw. stadium issues in berkeley. The city is going be difficult about their plans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 11:58 pm:

I'm a native Oaklander and I've grown up dealing with the ignorant stereotypes all my life. But let's not be as pathetic as they are and do the same type of stereotyping. San Franciscans are not all snobs. It's a beautiful city with an amazing history and there are plenty of cool folks living there.

Anyway, f*ck the A's. They can kiss my ass.

I'm hoping for a Golden Baseball League team to come here now. That'd probably be better anyhow. Nothing beats small park baseball. Much better than the hi-tech crap they'll have in Fremont soon.

We can name them the Oaks and continue the tradition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 01:38 am:

of course essefers aren't all bad...u know what i'm getting at though.

re uc berkeley, on another note, i saw my gutty bruins get their ass kicked at memorial. i'm sorry that stadium is horiffic. what's the plan for a new stadium? Same location? Will UCB play at the coli in the interum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rockoaka on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:23 am:

It's as if the I'm at an A's vs. Yankees game. As soon as the Oakland A's are out of if, the rats start to come out of the woodwork.

Fremont Phil- You swarmy SOB. Who F are you? Let me tell you something. If it wasn't for the likes of Lil and others like her, who are passionate for their team, people like her and websites like this are the catylast for our rabid fandom, which I assume you are part of or like to be associated with. So do us all a favor and go to those sites, there are plenty out there, to wallow in your so called victory.

Because when it is all said and done, when you were still figuring out who plays what position where, this group was assuring that the A's would stay, and at the end of the day thats a hell of a lot more than you have ever done for your "cause".

BTW:
I was raised in fremont Phil, dont embarass yourself. Not all from fremont are as simpleminded as you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:23 am:

el trolo...naomi returns!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:33 am:

Oh the sadness of it all

Fremont phil/namoi let me shine some light in your dark hole.

The villain and hero of any story have to be equal for the battle to be worth while. For the story to continue the must battle with the basically the same intellect and weapons or else the battle is worthless.

So heroes are born to match their arch enemies and visa versa

So you have chosen Lil as your arch enemy you have become obsessed with her as the villain and you the hero.

If you feel so little respect for her it shows me and any one with half a brain how little and small the world you live in is.

Good luck with your battle

Trolls are sad little lonely creatures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 03:21 am:

No, that is not Naomi. That is Dan Spitzer.

I knew he couldn't help himself and would come over here. He hates Oakland and the OAFC.

The guy that has been banned from every single forum, blog or board in the entire internet.

He's had restraining orders against him (not by me) and escalates into a very racial and hateful person.

Because he won't last here. I'll give him a chance to continue his personal attacks so people will won't feel sorry for a Fremont fan when I nuke him out of here.

Dan Spitzer is from Berkeley and full of bigotry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By feelgoodinc on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 09:33 am:

Too bad its not in Oakland, but you have to admit the stadium plans look pretty sweet.

Think they will still have the chicken strips like the ones behind Section 117? Those are pretty much lifeblood. Hope they serve the same ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By feelgoodinc on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 09:36 am:

Wow, this Phil guy seems pretty riled up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 12:20 pm:

Dan Spitzer is well known all over the boards and forums. He usually comes in using different user ids and gets banned and deleted soon after he spills his bile. He has been nuked and will be back sometime soon I'm sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fowlballs on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 01:20 pm:

Deep down I knew this day would come.
It could have been worse though, Fremont is not at the end of the universe (It just seems that way.).
If it had been up to ME, I would have moved out of Oakland long ago.
1.The political hacks that control it just don't care("To be candid, we made more money in one Rolling Stones concert than the A's made (us) in a whole year. We will deal with it," De La Fuente said.).
2. Neither do the people who continue to vote them in!
The downtown ballpark would have been the ideal venue. Centrally located, a fan favourite, it would have revitalised the neighbourhood in every possible way. It was just TO LOGICAL.
My fallback position would have been Building #5 at the Alameda Naval Air Station.
1. Cheap vacant land, large enough to accomodate a stadium.
2. Near downtown Oakland.
3. Accesible by both car and ferry.
It didn't have to but, it could have been worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 01:29 pm:

HEy fowl balls FOAD

Stands for F$ck off and die.

and before you act all hurt Read our mission statement you loser.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fowlballs on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:30 pm:

So, we take it out on each other?
1.Who would YOU have sold the team to in order to keep it in town?
2. What politician sided with you that's still in office?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:54 pm:

fowballs, it is evident you haven't followed this entire process since 1998 when our group started our efforts to keep the A's where it belongs.

I think it is a little too late now and frankly pointless to discuss this issue or point fingers.

Just find a group of fans who can accept this move the way you see it. You won't find that here by a long shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:58 pm:

i don't fucking care about any of that. I wanted the A's to stay in Oakland they did not. I'm not OK with any move and it does not make me happy in anyway. I have my reasons and they are valid.

If you are fine with the move, great go ahead and be happy but do it somewhere else, somewhere where others like yourself can be happy.

It was never my job to keep the A's in Oakland. Or come up with better ideas that is for the smart people to figure out. I'm just a fan born in raised in oakland that is in a really foul mood.

now go away and be happy and leave us alone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 05:10 pm:

armond,
I completely agree, and our experiences are similar with people's attitude's about Oakland. You said "this is supposed to be a sensitive and caring area yet they have no problem being insensitive when it comes to oakland."

BINGO. This is dead-on. You've got a lot of the bay area dialed-in. Try talking about Oakland in SF. It's way worse. The hatred oozes from the so-called enlighted "progressives". I've seen people get angry at me for even mentioning oakland there.

I now live in San Diego. We've definitely got our problems down here, however, there is not as much phony-ness and people pretending to be one thing and then acting a completely different way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 02:07 pm:

I'm proud to have been a part of this group of so many great people. I grew to love Oakland and many of its residents when I became an Oakland A's fan. The diversity and legacy of that city gave the Oakland A's its identity.

To me the A's are the ones who lost out. They are alienating a great portion of a fandom who are part of this team's soul. Just like they, a few years back, destroyed the soul of the Coli by eliminating the old bleachers. Yet...
a new generation of bleacher folks were able to superate that and a new identity was formed and prevailed.

The folks I have met in person at the Coli and the many I've never met in person made me feel we had a great legacy to share and be proud of... each season on opening day I looked forward to see who would be back and how they were doing. The kind of bond family members feel when they would meet for the Holidays.

I want to thank all of those who have been together here on this roller coaster ride since the start of this site.

Hopefully the ill spireted folks will soon tire and if they don't we'll find a way to make this forum more selective.

We always felt we had to tolerate the trolls in order to use this site as informative as possible to fill in the gap of misinformation or lack of information re the A's issues.

Now we want this site to serve as the voice of the ones who feel disenfranchised by the A's. We don't have to put up with those who worked against us all along and now want us to accept this travesty they are calling progress and success.

I'm the one who thank you for all the pleasure I've experienced in sharing my love for the game with all of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By feelgoodinc on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:18 pm:

Kumbaya, my lord! Kumbaya!
Kumbaya, my lord! Kumbaya!!!

Quite a Taster's Choice moment between Oakland fans here...I'm touched.

I may almost feel a bit of sympathy for you guys when I take my first bite into braised shortrib from your seats at Cisco Field. Ahhh, who am I kidding?

During the opener at Cisco, feel free to look up at the TV...that is, if you have some time in between Dollar Pabst Blue Ribbon drafts (it might make you nostalgic for Dollar Wednesday. Awww...) and ass-widening Slim Jims at whatever crumb-bum watering hole you filthy blue-collar Oakland degenerates take up space in. I'll be sure to raise my pink cosmo (with umbrella) in honor of you guys. I may even let you guys have some of my leftover venison on the off chance that the chef doesn't prepare it to my liking.

Here we go Fremont, here we go! (clap clap)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fansince79 on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 11:46 pm:

what a metrosexual. you drink cosmos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:52 am:

feelgood...your not even being clever right now (as you somewhat were in a few posts)..

take a few plays off...drink some Gatorade, recharge the battery, and then try jumping in on 3rd and long.

right now you are just regurgitating bad braised short rib comments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chrishorvath on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 12:07 pm:

They're selling venison at the Cisco ballpark? Dang, that changes everything.

Let's go Fremont! (clap, clap)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaklandsi (68.164.169.35) on Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 12:19 pm:

of course this is all assuming that the Fremont plan will actually take place --- which is still not assured.

Assuming that it actually happens -- I wonder how many fans who think it's a good plan will feel disillusioned when they're sitting in 880 traffic for hours (assuming they have a car and are willing to drive to games, since public transit access will be practically impossible), or find they can't actually afford to go to the games...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.