Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Post here if you are an A's fan and don't care about the Oakland part

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Post here if you are an A's fan and don't care about the Oakland part
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 08:12 pm:

Post here if you care less where they play as long as they stay the A's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 09:55 am:

Why? So you guys can hurl more insults?

My hope is that the A's remain in the bay area, and beyond that, northern California.

Both Leftfield and Lil have stated that they would have the A's leave the Bay Area ENTIRELY if they vacate Oakland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 09:57 am:

Why dont you make THAT a topic, Leftfield?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 10:18 am:

I totally agree with justpaul in that LF should not have made that a thread title.

But I do confirm that I am no longer a MLB fan and that includes the A's. MLB has sold out their fans and I want no part of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 12:35 pm:

OK and here is you insult

(deleted) c'mon LF try to show you have at least
a clue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 12:37 pm:

deleted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 02:35 pm:

come on it's just a joke

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 02:44 pm:

help I've been taken over by a POD. Those are not my words. I am not talking to my self.

HELP ME

WHO IS THE REAL LF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ssblip on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 04:03 pm:

Down the tubes. That's where you non-Oakland fans are taking this. Not because of your opinions, but but because this site exists to keep the A's in Oakland, and anyone who comes in here just to dis really misses the point.

I'm a Catholic. I'm not happy with a lot of the things the church does. But I wouldn't use the pews as my soapbox for telling the church what's wrong with it.

Show a little repsect for your hosts. Or leave. Plenty of other places online to talk baseball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 05:43 pm:

Here here SSBLIP I'm on board with you 100%

Your mother must be a lovely person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By athletics4ever on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 08:14 pm:

"But I do confirm that I am no longer a MLB fan and that includes the A's."

Well that ought to bring MLB to its knees.

the Athletics will miss you (kind of like they miss Art Howe and T Long)

let me say it for them: BUH BYE,
it wasn't soon enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By athletics4ever on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 08:16 pm:

Hey Leftfield, are you next??? (Please????)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 08:43 pm:

next to do what next to.....all right I will leave your mother out of it.

I'm sorry who are you athletics4ever????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 08:46 pm:

Mr 2 post HA HA

You must be some sucker who has been banned once or twice back again for more. What does no one else want you.

You sad little troll

Poor baby is lost.

LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By athletics4ever (66.234.212.135) on Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 09:13 am:

Are you "NEXT" to cease watching MLB and the A's??

Like Lil? What a huge loss to all of us who read this crap on the OAFC.

Let's hope so for the sake of real fans of the Athletics.

And for your comment on my mother, she has been dead for 14 years now. You are truly a sick SOB.

Do you even live in the Bay Area?

P.S. Try spell check buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 09:54 am:

leftfield, you started this thread for "real fans of the Athletics" so...

you got what you asked for so now you deal with reading his insults... but please don't insult the mother who has been dead 14 years and should be honored for the great contribution she made to humanity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 01:48 pm:

This whole insult thing on a web page is really just a hobby nobody really cares do they. I mean it's not serious like growing up in Oakland and having to fight after the insults. That was serious this is a safe and kind of silly fun. Its not real.

But I will answer just for fun.

I am not going to stop watching baseball or the A's. I am just not sure how much money I will spend on it.

I know I am as real a fan as any one here. I wore a home made uniform with Campy's number on it during the 72,73,74 world series. Have had season tickets for the last 6 straight years. Oh yea one year my favorite player was Mickey Klutz, I bet Assholeforever does not even now who Mickey Klutz is.

I do not live in the Bay Area. I was born and raised inside the Oakland city limits and have lived there for 35 0f you 40 years on planet earth. I know live in Alaska.

What comment about you mother I left your mother out of it. If I use spell check how about you actually read the post before you try a get a bunch

fi yuor brian wroks coctrrly you wlil be albe to raed this setnence jsut fine. The huaman brain is qiute pofwerull and spleling is not ipmotrant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (24.23.223.85) on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 10:13 am:

I loved Mickey Klutz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 12:33 pm:

He would always toss me a ball and sign autographs. He was not that great of a player but he was a nice guy.

one of the greatest names ever

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oakland4ever (67.121.224.210) on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 03:41 pm:

I think we traded catching prospect Bruce Robinson to the Yankees for Klutts around 1979. He was hurt during part of his tenure here, but never completely took the 3B job away from Wayne Gross.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (24.23.223.85) on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 04:27 pm:

Lefty,

Agreed. He was quite nice to me as a kid as well. I had a good experience with many of the players during my childhood. Klutts, McKay, Armas, Jeff Cox, Bob Kearney and Mario Guerrero were all great. Most of them weren't the greatest of players but they most certianly knew how to treat the little fans. Mario Guerrreo in paticular was very kind to me on my 11th birthday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 02:33 am:

It all got good again the first day Ricky took the field.

I love the fact that we had Gross and Klutz in a row. 2 great names.

The best baseball name ever is Dick Pole. No kidding my brother has the baseball card.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (24.23.223.85) on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 03:35 am:

Dick Pole was the Giants pitching coach and currently holds that job with the Reds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By athletics4ever (64.85.229.32) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 03:29 pm:

hey lefty, so, mickey klutz ALWAYS tossed you a ball and then signed autographs? like, uhm, how many balls did mickey toss you?

Oh I get it, Like: I always liked seeing the a's win their 20th game in a row. i always liked when they fired the over-rated Art Howe. I always like attempting to read and desiiffer leftfield's posts. I always like reading lil's posts ripping people who she has not shared a hot dog with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 04:20 pm:

lefty...please stop responding to this troll.
he has nothing else to contribute and will eventually go away if he is ignored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 04:42 pm:

Respond to who

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.8.65) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 10:23 pm:

biting my tongue.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer (138.202.120.196) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:31 pm:

what's a troll?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 01:19 am:

They live under bridges and take peoples children.

Funny thing is they are really good at spelling, go figure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 09:29 am:

don't feed the troll and it will shrivel up and go back under its rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (208.180.38.208) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:13 am:

C'mon now Lil,
Youve as much as admited it here with YOUR 11/22 post at 10:18 that Leftfield is the one trolling with this offensive title.

Btw, the eastbay times has an excellent article detailing the timeline and machinations that have lead us to this point. Marine layer has it linked in his new a's ballpark blog.

One other thing Lil, calling someone who responds intelligently to barbs hurled out at them as athletics4ever and others such as marine layer, bleacherdave and myself "Trolls" diminsishes your own arguments...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (208.180.38.208) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:14 am:

C'mon now Lil,
Youve as much as admited it here with YOUR 11/22 post at 10:18 that Leftfield is the one trolling with this offensive title.

Btw, the eastbay times has an excellent article detailing the timeline and machinations that have lead us to this point. Marine layer has it linked in his new a's ballpark blog.

One other thing Lil, calling someone who responds intelligently to barbs hurled out at them as athletics4ever and others such as marine layer, bleacherdave and myself "Trolls" diminsishes your own arguments...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:45 am:

Yes, I agree in that LF left the door open and invited you guys to troll over here...

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TrollDefinition

...Gammons tining of the machinations was off.
Schott never gave Oakland the slightest chance and planned his move as soon as he bought the team when the ink on the 10 year leave wasn't even dry.

Btw, Marinelayer is very intelligent and hurled plenty of sh*t against the OAFC all over the net.

As for bleacherdave, he just talks and talks from both sides of his mouth and at the end nobody even knows what he is saying...you can listen to him all you want. and have fun...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 02:15 pm:

On another thread someone posted that there was a divide between Oakland fans and As fans. They went on to say we should find out who is who. It was with that inspiration that I decided to start 2 threads to let everyone here identify themselves. Funny thing is not one person would identify themselves clearly as just an As fan on this thread. All people did was cry about how they would be insulted if they admitted to being just an As fan.. So whatever

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 03:45 pm:

I think what some fans on here are afraid of is the lamblasting they would recieve if they just say they are an A's fan, and think moving to Fremont is better than moving to Las Vegas. Of course we are all Oakland A's fans... many of us are torn about this decision. I'm trying to see the bright side of things. It looks like now there is no way this deal doesn't get done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 03:47 pm:

What an era that was Klutts, Gross, Revering, Guerrero, and personal favorite Rob Picciolo. Have no idea why, because my first A's game was 1980 against KC, bottom 9, game tied, Mitchell Page jacks one to the right field steps. Was sitting in 128 so had a perfect view of it bouncing in the steps. One of those moments you never forget.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (208.180.38.208) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 04:00 pm:

Lil Said:
"Btw, Marinelayer is very intelligent and hurled plenty of sh*t against the OAFC all over the net."

I'm gonna call Bulls**t on this one Lil. Just because he has a different point of view doesnt mean he's "hurled plenty of sh*t" against the OAFC.
He has always, ALWAYS presented his case in a thoughtful and well articulated way, with no personal attacks on anyone or any group. Too bad the same can't be said for you.

Source and link your "hurled sh*t", if you have any, which I doubt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 05:14 pm:

I really don't know why I'm wasting time responding to you justpaul. I know you'll say you saw nothing negative in Marinelayer's post
on the linked material below:

http://obc.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/635605187/m/4051087592/r/9451055692

The OAFC blew the whistle on Wolff's shananigans and Marinelayer's response was that we're just conspirators and started immediately shifting the conversation to blaming the politicos.

Unlike you justpaul, I stand behind the things I say and don't hurl bulshit around to descredit others. Remember that you came over here to put us down...not the other way around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 06:11 pm:

Marinelayer posted here on this forum for several months. Very level headed indeed...
he was in bed with the Fremont folks (mainly Haggerty) constantly reporting how all the Oakland sites were just impossible to work something out for the A's. Then the truth came out about his support for a Fremont relocation, he never posted here again but went around callin us conspirators nuts.

I consider Haggerty and folks like Marinelayer the conspirators...not us.

We knew they were working behind the scenes to sabotage any Oakland effort and encourage
Wolff on Fremont...when we would say there was foul play on the part of Wolff and co. we were called the rebel rousers and conspirators.

Now all we have left to do is wait until the second shoe is dropped...so we were right after all. Wolff never intended to make things work in Oakland and it was all posturing...

And now you guys come over here, totally ignorant about the chain of events and decide to preach to us about being good fans etc...and how Wolff saved the A's from going to never never land...
and you want us to just welcome your shit arguments with open arms? Well, that is not going to happen.

The A's are leaving Oakland. Haggerty negotiated a lame duck type of lease with Wolff and all the Oakland fans have left to do is go watch a team owned by a guy that can't even bear to have the city's name on it...

Be my guest...go wherever you want to cheer for the San Jose A's of Fremont. Some of us ain't gonna go for that and I'm one of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (75.109.249.105) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 09:26 am:

Well, I posted the link that Lil linked. There is nothing negative about it, just the hard facts. You dispute that there isnt an Xfiles elment here? I have a bridge to sell you. There are no personal attacks in that post.
Go read the article in the east bay times and you will see that the biggest villian in the whole exedous from Oakland is Jerry Brown, especially with his canning of Robert Bobb, and his forbidding of staff to mention the sites within Oakland that he wanted to use for housing.

Marine Layer's Quote that LIL linked:
"Sadly, many of the OAFC posters are conspiracy theorists and they don't reflect the more level-headed types out there. I can't exactly blame them, I'm generally skeptical about politicians myself. But there is a bill working its way through the California Legislature, that if passed, would solve a lot of the public funding problems. And if that happens, the chances of the team moving to Portland or Las Vegas would dwindle to an extreme long shot. If not, I'd say both will be in play once Wolff's exploration period expires next spring."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 09:45 am:

First, I said you wouldn't find anything wrong since you agree we are all a bunch of conspiracy nuts, even though the present facts prove us right.

Secondly, I never said Marinelayer made personal attacks, but talked shit about our group after having been very well treated here. People mentioned and praised his site and discussed several issues with him without incedents.

The only personal attacks here have come from you justpaul and from 4ever who seem to think they have the right to come into somebody's turf to dictate what they should say or think.

I have been responding to you justpaul because others who follow this thread can see where you are coming from and come to their own conclusions on the matter. I will non longer respond to you and you will be ignored by me from now on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (24.23.223.85) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 09:49 am:

I loved Mitchel Page when I was a kid as well. What an incredible rookie year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (75.109.249.105) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 10:21 am:

Hmmm...quote a personal attack from ME, LIL...go on, find a quote...Once again, Lil, disagreements do NOT equal personal attacks. Hmmm Cant find any, can YOU??? Thought not.
As far as personal attacks, how about your good friend Leftfield???????????????????????????????

And I disagree that you have NOT made personal attacks on Marine Layer - you just accused him of of "hurling shit" at you guys, and when you go back and read the post YOU linked, its obvious that he has NOT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (206.173.235.246) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 10:24 am:

Envision justpaul stomping his feet for emphasis ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (75.109.249.105) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 10:48 am:

Sorry, Eyeleen, but no, I am not stomping my feet here. I just find it ludicrous that some here, accuse those of us with trolling, personal attacks and the like, when they themselves, particularly leftfield, and Lil exhibit those behaviors themselves, moreso than the ones they rail against.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 11:40 am:

What is ridiculous is your behavior justpaul.

I will close this thread which should never have been started and will close all others you are trying to hijack with absolutely no substance or good intentions.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.