Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Tony, take the rose colored glasses off-McGwire cheated

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Tony, take the rose colored glasses off-McGwire cheated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.137.14) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 09:32 am:

Tony LaRussa is not a stupid man, so to STILL tell the press you don't believe McGwire didn't use steroids is ridiculous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.137.14) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 09:34 am:

I mean used steroids,of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:48 pm:

he said he never SAW him using it...

and he said he talks often with Mark but they never talk about the past...hahahahaha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (72.49.41.101) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 01:23 pm:

the last time I heard TLR talk about the McGwire thing (a few weeks ago) I could tell his words were a bit different than before - as mentioned above - now it's he never "saw" Before - I thought the man was going to cry when people spoke about McGwire in an unflattering way - I mean, jeez man, get a grip and look at reality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.8.65) on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 05:21 pm:

I'm sure Tony has some paternal feelings for McGwire (the son he never had, etc.), so it's tough for him to face the facts. Not to mention that McGwire has put him in a terrible position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm (207.177.237.4) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 05:52 am:

"McGwire has put him in a terrible position"

As in the World Series Game 2 with the stuff on Kenny Rogers hand. If he don't have Mac hanging over his head. La Russa would have an legitment argument about cheating, but he can't say nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink (72.130.177.236) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:04 am:

It's like the oj case or anything in politics.
people can't accept things that go against their personal attachments to ideas.

"No way OJ could have killed those two people in cold blood" or
"MY candidate would NEVER do anything like that" or
"Bonds said he never knowingly took steroids and I believe him" or
"McGwire is my guy and I stand behind him"

LaRussa is a fiercely loyal guy and he will likely never admit that he thinks mcgwire used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 01:45 pm:

Mark not only used the stuff...he groomed Giambi on the stuff too.

But of course nobody ever saw it and Giambi will never admit because he is no kiss and tell guy.

You're right Kevin. We all have different sets of standards and it is very hard to see things when we're emotionally attached to them.

And the make believe game we play is so much more fun than reality that we help out by being blind, deaf, mute AND dumb if needed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.