Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

a very interesting tale of events....

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: a very interesting tale of events....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 03:20 pm:

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/art/media/2006-11-30/featuresidebar.pdf

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Issues/2006-11-29/news/feature_full.html

...crazy to think how many times the A's almost left Oakland.... sometimes for cities far away!!! so in that sense, i am glad they are staying local.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 06:07 pm:

I should re-iterate.... (as I communicated with Eyleen)

I'm not over-the-moon happy in any way that the A's are leaving Oakland. I just see them moving to Fremont as the lesser of two evils. the greater being that they were taken out of state. I think the reality is that we've been let down here by everyone: not just the owners but also the city of oakland.... the raiders... not enough fans who stand up and care about it like Lil.

well just my 2 cents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 06:34 pm:

RFF,

Out of respect for your (and a few others) longstanding membership here, I want to mention that soon you will be able to participate in the part of the forum which will be for folks that just want to discuss baseball. That of course will include the San Jose A's of Fremont baseball.

But there will be a portion of this forum which will be for registered posters only with read only to non registered posters.
Our mission is to continue as a watchdog organization, giving a voice to all of those who feel they have been disenfranchised by the actions of this owner.

Any posts regarding the business and ballpark issues will be discussed on the registration required portion of the forum. The moderator will delete posts which are not baseball and team (trades etc) related.

However, don't anybody expect to use this site as a rah rah rah cheerleader group for Cisco Field and their team...not here.

We hope this measure will help keep the forum free of trolls and lunatic baseball preachers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (75.30.66.127) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 11:34 pm:

sounds good to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 (66.81.223.88) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 11:02 am:

I'll second both of RFF's posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By justpaul (75.109.249.105) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 11:16 am:

Third....we have move, second and a third...vote motion carries

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 11:28 am:

justpaul, I said that out of respect for some longstanding members who supported the OAFC, we will have a registration only portion of this forum for disenfranchised fans who want to continue to have a voice.

The non-registration portion of the forum will be STRICKLY for baseball talk, which will include all teams. However, the website will continue to be the OAFC and the name speaks for itself.

Since justpaul repeatedly calls us, along with his idol marinelayer, a bunch of x-files, conspiracy theorists, I really don't see what is the great interest you have in continuing to post here.

As for your motions...the only motion I see you making is out of here if you continue your sorry act.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (67.169.41.82) on Friday, December 01, 2006 - 11:44 am:

RFF, I am closing this thread since I already explained to you that soon you will be able to post about baseball without having to get involved with relocation issues.

I had requested Ey to get this informed to you offline but you decided to open a thread to RE-ITERATE your case.

So now that you had your say...this thread will be closed.

Please stay tuned to forum format change.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.