Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

2007 Win Total

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: 2007 Win Total
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer (70.90.165.205) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 01:48 pm:

Bah-humbug. I'm not jazzed about the 2007 at all. Too many variables need to work out.

Mark me down (barring a great trade) for 86 wins and a second place finish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 (66.81.222.13) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 03:09 pm:

I'm hoping for a healthy Harden and with that in mind I'll say 90 wins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (75.39.244.225) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 03:41 pm:

I'm a Nitwit who farts sunshine.

I say 95 wins, a Division championship, and a World Series berth.

BB pulls off a trade for a hammering LF
Piazza loves to DH.
Swish plays lb all year and rakes.
Bradley grows up and tears it up.
Crosby makes us forget the pain of losing Miggy.
Harden stays healthy.
Blanton makes huge strides.
Street rebounds.
Geren is his own man and manages like it.

Go A's. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 05:32 pm:

Harden Cy Young candidate, Crosby, comeback player candidate, Geren Manager of the Year candidate....we play hit and run, straight steals, win the division 96 wins, a world title....dreams do come true.....Let's Go A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (71.94.6.30) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 08:13 pm:

We got Raider and Ey on board.

COME ON LEFTY, COME ON OKPLAYER !!

Fart some sunshine. A's all the way in 07.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.35.165) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 08:54 pm:

Bill, meet Pollyanna; Polly, meet Bill....

:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (71.94.6.30) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 11:07 pm:

Polly sounds great. Everyone is welcome on the Nitwit bandwagon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By leftfield139 (69.178.47.195) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 11:40 pm:

I have huge gas

98 wins and we have it clinched by august. Sweep the playoff and win the WS 7 games in the 12 inning at home and I catch the winning homerum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer (71.139.179.82) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 12:04 am:

i'll fart away. 100 wins. harden wins cy. croz wins mvp. chavvy regains form from the early 90s...silly me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (71.146.95.230) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 09:12 am:

If Harden and Crosby, hell the team can stay healthy...

85 wins.

But I do think the LAA are by far the class of the AL West and will be for a long time as they got a ton of young good looking players like Kendrick, Santana, and Weaver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By okplayer (70.90.165.205) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 09:24 am:

A's just had too many defections: Jay Pay (no comparable replacement); Hurt (No comparable replacement); Zito (No comparable replacement). Chavvy is who he is with the stick. Croz has never shown me anything...even when he is healthy he's a .250 20 hr guy. Lots of Ks not a lot of BBs. Harden, if healthy, does make the rotation comparable to last year but the Halos are just better...and younger. They have sticks (Vlad, Kendrick, G. Mattews...if 06 wasn't a fluke, Chone, etc.) Plus they have great starters, Santan, Lackey, and Weaver. Bulle ain't bad wiht K-rod in there. I'll enjoy the season but will not be popping off any optimism until I have something to give me optimisitc. Sounds like Beane's thrown in the towell. He's been hiding out in europe for months now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (75.39.244.225) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 11:23 am:

Ahhhh...all the gas smells like roses to me. :)

1. Replacement for Jay Pay has got to be on the way for our offense. May not happen till late ST.

2. Replacement for Hurt is Piazza and I think that will be an equal if not better thing.

3. Gotta hope Zito's innings are replaced by healthy Harden.

4. I predict a Chavy resurgence. The guy kept us in many a game with his glove last year. Before getting hurt, Eric was having a fine offensive season. This is the season he puts it all together.

Go A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 01:01 pm:

I wouldn't toss Matthews into their brigade of sticks, the guy is a career 263 hitter, never hit above 276 until last year where he achieved career highs in several stat categories and to pay this guy 50 million over 5....well they got the money to make mistakes....think Yankees west. I will give the Angels the pitching, a healthy Colon(ok here we go again), Weaver overcomes the so called sophomore jinx, Lackey gets consistent and Santana....forget the hitting they can win many games scoring 2 runs...and the way Scioscia manages....they'll get a lot of those games. If Kendrick, Weaver and Napoli can remain consistent, it'll be a nice race....we'll see how the young guys do down the stretch. With the prospects they got they probably are in the running for any high priced free agent come deadline time. Scary, scary....I hate airing out my fart, by looking at the Angels on paper, darn it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse (63.81.46.218) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 01:10 pm:

I'll say 96 wins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 01:32 pm:

Well we'll have to do this without Kirk Saarloos he was moved to Cincy for a AA pitcher with 26 saves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 03:15 pm:

can anyone (find) post last year's predictions and who got was closest???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (75.39.244.225) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 06:50 pm:

Is the Saarloos move a precursor to another move for that LF stick we crave ????

BTW I hope the PTBNL is Jared Burton (the kid we lost to the Reds in the Rule 5 draft)...or Ken Griffey Jr.....Burton was the hardest thrower in the AFL as timed by the scouts I talked to the week of games I attended. The kid is tall and showed an untouchable rising fast ball in the
AFL. Great upside if he can control his stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:36 am:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_5074401

Article about the Saarloos trade, towards the end, Geren says he will use Bradley and Swish in CF when Kotsay needs a day off. Swish in CF? Did it in the minors

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.