Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

King robbed again

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: King robbed again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (63.146.24.10) on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:10 pm:

"http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070222&content_id=1811567&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb"

Sorry, I have heard this guy do games and he's TERRIBLE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vinnieangelo (71.202.169.161) on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:59 pm:

I think I just threw up in my mouth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (68.55.128.230) on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 07:08 pm:

That guy's voice sounds like he belongs on a kids in the hall scetch. I cannot believe this guy won the award. It's just sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.2.80) on Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:14 pm:

That just sucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (201.36.174.140) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 05:23 am:

Unfortunately the Hall of Fame suffers the direct effect of the lack of integrity and decadence that prevails in MLB... along with the influence the same highly political MLB manipulated media has on the knew regeration of fans.

To me I consider that Museum the Hall of Fame AND Shame. It is the history of the game being showed with all that is good and bad. In fact...that is what a true museum should be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.90.75) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 05:59 am:

This is disgraceful. King is one of the best of all time in all 3 sports and if I remember right, he's not in any of those HOFs either.

No respect, started when ESPN didn't even announce King's passing a year ago on a light night in sports. Now they did a reflection of those who passed on in the sports world months later during their year in review but still.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.90.75) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 05:59 am:

This is disgraceful. King is one of the best of all time in all 3 sports and if I remember right, he's not in any of those HOFs either.

No respect, started when ESPN didn't even announce King's passing a year ago on a light night in sports. Now they did a reflection of those who passed on in the sports world months later during their year in review but still.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (201.36.174.140) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 06:21 am:

It was also a shame that Lon Simmons didn't remember to mention nor honor King at his HoF induction. It was as if life started and ended as a gnats broadcaster.

Well...I never really missed Lon when he left, but I will always feel the void Bill King left when he passed.

The only consolation in all of this is the knowledge that Bill was a man way above all these mondaine awards...he knew how much he was loved and admired by all the fans of the three sports he delighted with his voice and descriptions of our great moments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (63.146.24.10) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 09:23 am:

I LOVED listening to lon and bill as a kid. Ken and Bill was as good as you could get. I didn't realize that Lon didn't mention Bill at all in his speach, that is a dissapointment. I know bill didn't care much about getting into the HOF, but the fans do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (216.38.134.2) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 12:10 pm:

FWIW, Lon did apologize for the omission in interviews after his induction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.84.218) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 01:54 pm:

Didn't King allow Lon to call the final out in the 89 WS...tells you how great of a man King was. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (216.38.134.2) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 03:23 pm:

And Lon stepped aside to let King call Rickey's 939th stolen base, IIRC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm (207.177.237.4) on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 04:29 pm:

Didn't King allow Lon to call the final out in the 89 WS

Wasn't Bill sick during the last two World Series games in 1989?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.