Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

moronic giants / zito promotion

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: moronic giants / zito promotion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 12:56 pm:

heard on a giants radio commercial this morning (on kcbs) from jon miller that if you come to AT+T this weekend to be the first to buy tickets for the upcoming season, you can bring in your old barry zito oakland a's shirt and in exchange receive a ticket to the pre-season (bay bridge series one presumes) game between the a's and giants.

man, talk about trying to *buy* fans!!!

seriously, how many a's fans would really do this?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (216.38.134.2) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 01:13 pm:

I'd sooner throw my jersey in the trash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (63.146.24.10) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 01:37 pm:

that's hilarious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By feelgoodinc (71.232.61.218) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 01:54 pm:

I did it and it was liberating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 03:11 pm:

When SF had their fanfest there was a "Barry Zito" fan parading around with an Oakland Zito shirt....I guess he'll be the first in line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged (205.225.207.97) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 04:09 pm:

Next year, you'll be able to get free Gint tickets by bringing in an old Brian Sabean leisure suit...after Magowan fires him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (70.132.21.191) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 06:51 pm:

I heard it The Bone too...This is only the start...if BZ has a great start it will only get worse...I hope he chokes!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.84.48) on Monday, February 26, 2007 - 07:52 pm:

I agree, which is I never understood why many A's fans want to see him succedd when you know if he does, that those associated with the halloween team from across the bay will shove it down the throats of us A's fans.

Although to hell with all of them. A's will continue to be the better org with the more knowledgable and hardcore baseball fans.

Can't believe those across the bay actually think that him signing with them would actually make A's fans want to come over the to bay and become semi-fans of theirs. Maybe a few will but the strong majority I hope wants to see him fail like I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil (201.36.174.140) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 07:15 am:

we love to say the giants organization is moronic but in reality they are ten times ahead of the A's in PR and fan attraction methods...

the A's on the other hand just keep on slapping their fans in their faces while they just keep meekly turning the other cheek asking for more...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (67.174.194.56) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 08:47 am:

Exactly. I hate the Giants. Always will. Most of their fan attraction ploys are just ridiculous. That said the Giants organization does however seem to treat their fans well. I know they had a ticket increase recently. Their fans from what I see are however treated with a great amount of respect from the Org, and from the ballpark staff. The antithesis of the A's and the Coliseum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (67.174.194.56) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 08:54 am:

Also, It's unanimous among the Giant fans I know. They all know how ridiculous it was to spend 130mil on a number 3 starter. KNBR propaganda only works on the feeble minded. Sounds like the Fox News Channel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.145) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:07 am:

Here's another joy-Barry Bonds is going to be "interviewed" by KGO radio talk show host Ray Taliaferro from 7-8 tonight. The funny part is Taliaferro knows next to nothing about sports, admits knowing little. He's mostly into politics.BUT...he considers Bonds as (as he puts it)"The greatest slugger in the world.." SO...of COURSE Bonds would be delighted to be interviewed! Another kiss ass discussion.I'm still deciding on whether to listen. You can bet Bonds is making sure it'll be a love fest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.145) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:10 am:

Isn't it funny he's not being interviewed on a sports station?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat (12.218.152.224) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 01:00 pm:

rtd-"KNBR propaganda only works on the feeble minded." Then it would be smart of you to refrain from listening to that radio station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By finleyunplugged (205.225.207.97) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 01:21 pm:

How can the KGO interview be any worse than anything you hear on the so-called sports outlets?

If he's informed, perhaps there is a chance the host will ask Bighead why he refuses to talk to George Mitchell, unless he has something to hide.

Don't hold your breath, though...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.155) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 07:00 pm:

I'm sure Bonds has already given the questions he wants to be asked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.50.63) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:06 pm:

Someone would have to pay me big bucks to listen to Bighead talk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (67.174.194.56) on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:23 pm:

Your right threepeat. I'm so glad that we have gotten to spend some real time together and gotten to know each other. The honesty would have been to hard to swallow had we not really connected.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.133) on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 07:10 pm:

My husband heard most of the Bonds interview. He said it was as bad as Barbara Walters old interviews. Nothing of course about steroids, just happy go lucky Barry talking B.S. More to come during the season, I'm sure.The bay area is trying so hard to sweep those drugs under the rug.(or flush down the toilet, whatever your preference!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.29.225) on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 11:15 pm:

Speaking of baseball and drugs, Gary Matthews is one of the latest to be implicated.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-steroids228,0,6504296.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (216.38.134.2) on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 11:28 am:

Of course the local media are making a big deal out of Zito's 2 innings yesterday. Ugh. I don't want to know how well he's pitching for the damn gnats!!!

Also, as I exited BART this morning, there were 3 people in Halloween t-shirts giving out info about some event the gnats are having tomorrow.

The gnats own this town and it's disgusting. Hell, yes, I'm bitter...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.144) on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 04:01 pm:

Well, I woke up this morning, and realized my husband has thrown away his baseball books. All this coddling over Bonds, and the media and alot of the public believing there's a "new" Barry.Now there will be 24/7 on Bonds, and next to nothing on the A's.You think it was bad last year? You ain't heard nothin' yet!!Everything just seems to be going in his favor these days.
I hope SOMETHING good happens, so it can restore my husbands once love of baseball.Sad to think something my husband loved since he was a child has been stripped away.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.