Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

The A's have a new star .... Rene Lacheman

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: The A's have a new star .... Rene Lacheman
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 11:12 pm:

Talk about hilarious, he stole the show from everybody tonite. A real funny guy. I was hoping Fosse would ask him about the time McGwire ran over him (literally), rounding third. He sure got on Swisher's case for missing the steal sign ... real funny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.92.169) on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 12:16 am:

Yep, Wash was great the past handful of years when they mic'ed him up but Lach's discussion with Swisher missing the sign to run was priceless. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm (207.177.237.4) on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 11:33 am:

I found it hilarious when Lach mentioned being fired twice by Seattle during the promo for Wednesday's A'S/Mariners game. The nicknames were also funny, 'Bones' for Bobby Crosby, 'Hollywood' for Swisher and 'Sun Devil' for Travis Buck. He even threw in some Spanish when the Latino were at bat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.13.203) on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 06:28 pm:

Lach missed his calling as a stand-up comedian. Great entertainment -- and that game needed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 09:28 pm:

I was thinking the same thing last night, eyleenn, about Lach as a stand-up comedian. He was thoroughly enjoyable ... and Fosse's right ... that voice can be identified anywhere!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse (63.81.46.124) on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 10:26 am:

I hope Buan gets him a weekly show like Wash had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (216.38.134.2) on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 11:23 am:

Great idea!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.