Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Bradley to the DL again

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Bradley to the DL again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.12.185) on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 03:26 pm:

Conversation over on The Drumbeat as to whether the A's should re-sign Bradley next year. One person suggested a Frank Thomas type, incentive-laden contract, on a take it or leave it basis.

What does everyone here think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.86.104) on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 05:16 pm:

I don't know, the guy just can't stay healthy. The guy couldn't play the first half last season playing in only 28 games, 94 ABs and hit .213/3/8/.678. Then he tore it up post all star hitting .300/11/44/.869 in 68 games, 257 ABs.

So far this year, he's played in only .306/2/7/.848 in 18 games, 62 ABs. So if he can have another great second half this season, maybe, but I doubt it.

He just can't stay healthy enough to even play 120-130 games. If he could, then I say yeah give him an incentive contract but don't think Beane will. As of now, I'd rather keep Stewart.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.