Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Super Marco

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Super Marco
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (65.206.227.27) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 01:32 pm:

man this guy is just amazing. if you look st his stats you would just see that he looks like an everyday average player. but if there is such a thing as clutch he is the very definition of it. he has had his hands in a lot of a's wins the past 3 seasons, and the focal point of that was his display in game 3 of the ALDS last season.

unfortunately he doesn't always peform that well when playing everyday so he is almost like our super bench player. but man with the game on the line he is the one i want up there!!!

now my question is, isn't he a free agent after this season? can or do you think we should/could sign him? i say keep him!!! he is an oakland legend!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.142) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 01:40 pm:

ABSOLUTELY! I want my Scutie!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.84.52) on Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 01:48 pm:

You jinxed him.

As for Marco, yeah, the guy is CLUTCH. I saw a line right after the walk off of Rivera that he's second all time in currently players, only behind Ortiz, with game winning hits.

I'd love to keep him...but if some team is gonna overpay for him and make him their starter, be hard for the to match and for Marco to turn that kind of deal if it's offered.

From what Crosby and Ellis have done, they've done just enough to be kept here as starters next season and like you said, Marco when he's started for long periods isn't as good of a player to have than having him off as a spot starter and pinch hitter late in the game coming off the bench.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.