Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Harden back to the DL

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Harden back to the DL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 01:51 pm:

Great way to start the second half. Not a big surprise, unfortunately.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/07/12/SPGQ7QV7JF1.DTL

"The team's first news after the break is that right-hander Rich Harden, so effective when healthy, is expected to land back on the disabled list today."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 01:52 pm:

Last days of Piazza?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/07/12/SPGM3QV2SH1.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 02:03 pm:

The surprising part, it took 4 days. I thought he'd be back on Sunday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (65.206.227.27) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 02:21 pm:

it's getting borderline pathetic.

the guy pitched ok all the time he was in the minors and now apparently either bad mechanics or his body is catching up to it.

it's a real shame but it's almost like we have a mark prior / kerry wood on our hands.

all the talent in the world and could easily throw a no-hitter but just the body is letting him down.

i guess we just cannot build around this guy and anything he can give us is just a plus.

that being the case you have to think if the next comeback fails for him as a starter it will be off to the bullpen for you mr. harden. i am sure he would be a wicked late inning reliever or closer.

hopefully guadin will continue to do well. and we get e-lo back. a rotation like this wouldn't be bad:

haren
gaudin
blanton
e-lo
dinardo

(please keep kennedy out of the rotation!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (63.146.24.10) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 04:58 pm:

Totally upsetting - not surprising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (65.206.227.27) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 05:57 pm:

apparently gaudin isn't ready to step up. already given up 4 runs!

we need to win this series - twinkie dome can be a chamber of horrors!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.95.228) on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 09:10 pm:

Gaudin pitched GREAT his last two outings giving up 2 ERs in 14.2 IP. Due for a rough start.

Check out my thoughts on Harden in the #2 post here...

http://www.oaklandfans.com/discus/messages/19/9386.html?1184018076

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.82.236) on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 10:32 pm:

Just when you thought Harden would show something this next week, he's scratch from Sunday's start and probably not gonna make his second sceheduled start.

What a dissapointment, especially after it started off so well the first three starts.

-3 GS, 1-1, 19 IP, 13 hits, 3 ERs, 6 BBs, 20 Ks.

He went on the DL, but in his next 3 outings in the pen, he went 6 IP and gave up only a BB with no hits/runs, and K'ed 6.

He then got shelled a week later in his last start and been on the DL since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 12:08 am:

Read the articles on A's mlb site and Slusser's. He didn't elect not to start the two games because he is hurt again. Evidently Rotoworld reported he was; that is not correct. Harden's decision makes sense. Their original decision for him to make two starts (when they're out of the race) at this late date, wasn't too bright to begin with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (75.61.82.236) on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 01:01 am:

Maybe it was an audition to see if he could increase his trade value this offseason?

The shame is Harden is still only 25 years old, he'll turn 26 in late NOV. That means he's still younger than anybody in our current rotation for this season and potentially next season other than Gaudin who is 24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 08:25 am:

I don't think his pitching two games at the end of the season was going to increase his trade value and I doubt the A's thought so, either. Maybe they're thinking like me (heaven forbid, I guess), but they might believe in miracles and suddenly '08 will change Harden's health problems around. One must salivate over such a thought, and in the meantime, we can dream, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By muddlehead (76.21.30.156) on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 10:00 am:

one of these years, he'll be healthy enough to put together a 21-5, 3.00 era and win the cy. hopefully, it's with us.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.