Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Selig: Two clubs in financial straits and one could fold before season's end

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Selig: Two clubs in financial straits and one could fold before season's end
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 10:37 pm:

I would guess one is the Dbacks. The other (easy) guess is TB or even Marlins. But he says one will surprise everybody. If that's the case, I'd have to say it is the Blue Jays. Yup, new stadiums are sure the answer, aren't they? And the Backs (which is total mismgmnt) and Blue Jays are examples. Not to mention Detroit and after this season, Milwaukee. PBP and any of the others will go the same way should they not put competitive teams on the field. Simple as that.

It will also be interesting to see what further damage a strike does and many fans stay away.

And owners have only themselves to blame ... led by Steinbrenner who simply will not allow competition in the game. No competition ... how can you call it a game?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:27 am:

what happened to the other posts????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:37 am:

bubba, what other posts? Started this thread late last nite. If there were others, guess I missed 'em. Maybe you're thinking of another thread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diamond_lil on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:38 am:

Bubba, I think deajay didn't see there was already a thread on this down on the other topic of off-field matters.

The allstar break screwed up a little and we all posted on the A's baseball topic. Later or tomorrow I'll move the threads so we can keep the A's baseball topic going better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 08:44 am:

You're right, lil, didn't see another thread on the topic. Sorry for the double-dip. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.