Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

BEANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: BEANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (71.197.73.165) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 11:06 pm:

look at what bradly has done sinced being let go for nothing!!!

also another mistake brynse is having another very good if not great yr.

yea beane is a great gm blah blah blah

this season ended when he traded the fire that this teram had tro have Bradly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactodavey (71.197.73.165) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 11:11 pm:

it used to be 2-3 trades beane made turned out good for the A's then it was 50-50 now 1-3 trades turn out most go bad or we get nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (76.236.69.48) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 11:31 pm:

Brown has pitched pretty well and looked pretty damn good and I think he has a future in the A's pen so I don't think we got nothing in return for Bradley. Brown gives this team, along with Casilla, two young power arms in the pen, something we haven't had in a long time really. He's been clocked into the mid 90s and read in one of the newspapers recently here that he even hit 99 MPH in a game.

I do miss Bradley but I also think going to the NL is helping him and he wasn't gonna be here beyond this season so at least the A's look as they got a good young arm back.

As for Brynes...what has it been, a full two years since he was traded, GET OVER IT! Plus, if it meant getting rid of the likes of Brynes and Ethier who I don't see you complaing about much anymore, in return getting Payton/Bradley and getting to the ALCS FINALLY last year which was a 100 lb weight around this org's neck, then I'd do those trades all over again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (76.236.69.48) on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 11:32 pm:

Brown has pitched pretty well and looked pretty damn good and I think he has a future in the A's pen so I don't think we got nothing in return for Bradley. Brown gives this team, along with Casilla, two young power arms in the pen, something we haven't had in a long time really. He's been clocked into the mid 90s and read in one of the newspapers recently here that he even hit 99 MPH in a game.

I do miss Bradley but I also think going to the NL is helping him and he wasn't gonna be here beyond this season so at least the A's look as they got a good young arm back.

As for Brynes...what has it been, a full two years since he was traded, GET OVER IT! Plus, if it meant getting rid of the likes of Brynes and Ethier who I don't see you complaing about much anymore, in return getting Payton/Bradley and getting to the ALCS FINALLY last year which was a 100 lb weight around this org's neck, then I'd do those trades all over again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 09:27 am:

There's no guarantee Byrnes would have done as well if he were still with the A's. I think he's better suited to the NL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 (66.245.5.136) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:55 am:

I have to laugh each time I read Del Grande comment about how Beane blew it by not trading Zito at the break last year. Sure it was a lost chance to get some help for the furture but I have not heard from one A's fan that would trade getting over that ALDS curse for a extra propsect or two.

I'm with Oaktown fan, whatever the A's had to do to get to the ALDS last year was worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asch (63.146.24.10) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 11:08 am:

I am fine with what they did to get to the PLAYOFFS laste year - w/o bradley, I doubt we do it. W/O bradley, we definitely don't go to the ALDS.

However, the waste of kielty, who I am not a fan (but I hate seeing money flushed down the toilet w/o even a B prospect in return) bothers me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ws9 (66.245.5.136) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 05:08 pm:

Correction, I meant ALCS in the last paragraph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (71.94.21.156) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 05:22 pm:

Kielty, Dye's big extension, Witasuck...yeah...I shake my head sometimes at the BB moves....more often than not though, I applaud his pick ups.

Under the catagory of what has Beane done for us lately, who can question the 07 season benefits of the under the radar moves like:

Acquisitions of Cust, DiNardo, Gaudin, Snelling.

Or the more obvious:

Signing of Piazza, Stewart
Drafting of Buck, Putnam, Braden

I've concentrated my examples to recent years as I have moved on from the Schott-led annual FA purges (Giambi, Tejada, Damon etc).

Bradley was injury prone, wasn't gonna be here next year, we had a glut of outfielders, he wasn't going to be happy sharing time, and Beane got Brown for a lame (literally) duck. I think that's in the BB PLUS move column.

Byrnesy, God love him, has blossomed in his second go in the fastball league.
Remember, his first shot was in Colorado where he was mediocre at best, from there he went back to the AL in Baltimore where he was mediocre at best.
Byrnes was born to be an NLer where his speed could be best put to use.
EB is a classic late bloomer, NOT a Beane, Dan ODowd, or Flanagan/Duquette mistake IMO.

I still trust in Beane. Here's hoping he has a stellar off season to reshape what I think is still a pretty good team.

I remain a sunshine farting, keeping the faith, non apologetic, A's fan. Go A's.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (71.94.21.156) on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 05:47 pm:

Whoops, I left the signing of Embree off my list. Another recent Beane PLUS move with 07 impact.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rtd (24.5.81.129) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 05:34 am:

2 ego maniacs. 1 makes it public
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/05/SP3CRD9EQ2.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (76.20.60.246) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 01:27 pm:

interesting article.

i kind of agree with bradley about there not being a player on the A's right now better than him - and he's right... when he's HEALTHY. unfortunately, he never was, and kept re-injuring himself, and how can you come to rely on a player like that?

obviously, beane has some ego... he has to, i mean the A's have done so well for so long on very little money.

sometimes i agree with his moves, sometimes i don't. maybe he needs to take some lessons from geren on how to be a people person? still, he's more business man than former baseball player now, and maybe this is how he's been been able to get on in the business.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.