Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Byrnes get's paid!

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Byrnes get's paid!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bubba69 (207.15.10.10) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:18 pm:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2964624&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (76.221.202.212) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:31 pm:

Good for him.

Now I don't have to hear SF fans bleeding for that dogmeat org to sign him and go all ga-ga over what he'd bring to the team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By pachyderm (207.177.237.4) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:03 pm:

Guess, it means more bones for Bruin.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070807&content_id=2134769&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rocket (67.156.226.228) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 04:57 pm:

Arizona is full of up and coming young players. A very good situtation for Byrnes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 05:33 pm:

Hmmmm. "Popular, ever-hustling team leader" who bats right-handed and is having the best season of his career.

The A's could never use someone like that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 04:57 pm:

well you can all say what you want about Byrnes being in the "fastball league" but honestly folks are there really still that many differences between the NL and AL? anyway, Byrnes pretty much leads all diamondback players in all offensive categories and although not super he is the heart and soul of that team. it's fun to watch and you all know i'm a byrnes fan so i wish him well in the playoffs if they make it... hopefully he won't do a repeat of his performance in boston :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Monday, September 10, 2007 - 11:39 pm:

"honestly folks are there really still that many differences between the NL and AL?"

Ask Jason Kendall, he's hitting more than 40 points higher with the Cubs than he was here. Course, part of that is being in a better lineup. :) There are still differences, indeed. But the gap has closed somewhat. But the fact is, there are better pitchers in the AL ... at least more of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.142) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 11:24 am:

Hilarious how Crap and Crap(oops-I mean the not entertaining Kruk and Kuip) realized their assuming the Giants already won had backfired..
I'm happy for Brynes and Kendall.(Ol' Scrappy)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rayfossefan (169.237.122.136) on Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 12:57 pm:

deajay yeah they say there is a lot more breaking stuff thrown in the AL. still, it seems to affect some players less than others. gary sheffield has mashed in both leagues for instance.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.