Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Jack Cust AL HR comparison

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Jack Cust AL HR comparison
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greenandgold (138.163.128.41) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:29 pm:

With his 21st HR today, Jack is now tied for 10th in the AL in HRs. He has done this in only 286 ABs.

Of the top 50 HR hitters in the AL, there are only 2 with a higher HR per AB ratio:

1. Alex Rodriguez NYY 42 HR, 461 AB, 10.98 AB/HR
2. Carlos Pena (remember him from 2002?) TB 28 HR, 368 AB, 13.14 AB/HR
3. Jack Cust OAK 21 HR, 286 AB, 13.62 AB/HR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kevink (72.130.178.2) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 01:24 pm:

Beane did it again.
Cust has carried this offense and kept the A's in the race. We are now at .500 and getting outstanding pitching. Can the A's catch the M's for the wildcard?

Tell me, are the M's so strong that they are going to run away with this? Who is in their rotation again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse (63.20.182.98) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 06:37 pm:

No the M's are not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse (63.20.182.98) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 07:11 pm:

Plus the Ms have to make up for a lot of lost time earlier in the season against a tough Cleveland team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:20 pm:

I thought they already made up at least a couple of those Cleveland games? And because of the schedule, it seems to me that one of them will be made up at Seattle. Not sure about all that, but I thought that was what I heard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jesse (63.20.212.138) on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:36 pm:

I dont know, I just know they have played 4 fewer games than the A's up to this point and thats a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:53 am:

I heard recently that the M's have already made up 2 of the games.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:56 am:

I see where the M's are scheduled to play one game in Cleveland on the 30th (they start a series at Toronto the next day), so obviously, that is one of the make up games. Then Cleveland has a series in Seattle the last week of the season. So, my best guess is they have two games left to make up, if what I think I heard about one of them having to be at Seattle, is true. I'm sure 8/30 (Thursday) was a scheduled offday for them and since they have a game in Seattle on Wednesday, I assume they will play only one game in Cleveland on that day, unless I'm wrong about the games they've already made up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By raiderjohn (65.168.177.49) on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 10:09 am:

I think I heard Buan saying they have 44 games in 45 days. Pretty brutal if you ask me. In preparation for that, I know Beane would have moved for a couple of arms spot starter type arms in preparation for that. All the M's did was add Parrish.

They are in hot Texas this weekend, 3 at home with LAA, makeup game in Cle, 3 games in Toronto, 3 in NY, off day, 3 in Detroit, home for Oak and TB for 7, they do get to steal one of the Cleveland snow games at Safeco when Cleveland comes in, a DH no less.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.