Help
Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

What was this about?

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: What was this about?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wbell (64.136.26.225) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 10:09 am:

Oakland SS Marco Scutaro was scratched from the starting lineup with what Geren called a "non-baseball condition."
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=Ar_1fC7SeE4CSHJhCZaCRS4RvLYF?gid=270823130

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaykva1 (76.26.106.158) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 10:20 am:

marco's p'oed that he got told by Geren and Beano that he wasn't going to play everyday

they'r giving Hannahan and Murphy the bulk of playing time .... of course, Murphy went on DL so they actually NEED marco

so I imagine Marco's pouting ... too bad b/c I really like him as a role player ... BUT he's NOT an everyday major-leaguer ... I know that, but I don't know if he knows that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jaykva1 (76.26.106.158) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 10:40 am:

Oops, my bad ... I guess Scutaro is having vertigo-like symptoms

that AND he's po'ed !! ;}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:02 am:

From what I read in Slusser's notes this morning, it started with a buzzing in his ear. Sounds to me like he could have a middle ear infection. Those can cause dizziness.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/08/24/SP5URO4FT.DTL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (38.99.44.122) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:02 am:

But he could also be po'ed!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By threepeat (12.218.153.87) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:06 am:

jayk- "BUT he's NOT an everyday major-leaguer... I know that,....." How is it that you know that? Who on the "major-league" Oakland A'S is playing better than Marco right now, other than possibly Ellis, at his playing positions? Scooter IS a major-league everyday player, as least for the AAAA'S and should play everyday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renobill (75.39.244.225) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:56 am:

It's probably a pipedream but I'd like to see Marco start at SS in '08 with Murph assuming the utility role.

I think Marco is capable of full time duty and, not gold glove, but MLB quality defense.

Given 500 ABs, I think Marco could put up great offensive numbers. Doubt we'll ever know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dorrit (207.69.139.138) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 07:58 pm:

Renobill, I agree.He's done ALOT for this team. Not perfect, but who on this team is? Even Swisher strikes out now and then..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:32 am:

A solid argument could be made that over the past 4 years Scutaro has been their most valuable player. And I think most of his teammates would agree. Just where would this team have been without him as so many of his infield teammates were dropping like flies around him? I love the guy ... and actually, his teammates do too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 11:35 am:

"I love the guy." Actually so do a lot of the scouts. They are always asking if Scutaro is available.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.