Game Chat
Fund Raiser:
Order Merchandise!

Suggested Reading:
(click cover for info)

cover

Piazza

OAFC BBS - All Topics: Archive: Piazza
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan (130.86.63.81) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:22 pm:

Any thoughts on why Piazza hardly ever gets to start anymore? I would imagine he's not too happy about how his year with the A's has gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (76.231.47.108) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:27 pm:

Why, he's not part of the future and with Barton up, no room for him.

C-Suzuki
1B-Barton
DH-Cust

All of the positions he's played are filled with players who will be here next year and beyond for the A's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By eyleenn (71.131.24.100) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:42 pm:

When he was on with Jim Rome yesterday, Piazza didn't have much to say about the A's at all, except mentioning he had a good time in the minor leagues. He sounded quite content, though. Seems like a helluva nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (76.236.69.26) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 01:41 pm:

Yeah, would've rather had traded him before 9/1 and let him play out this year for a contender. I don't think the A's would get a pick for him if he left after this year so at least even if you get a B or C grade type prospect, better than nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sactofan (130.86.63.81) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 01:47 pm:

It's mostly Johnson that I was wondering about - getting playing time over Piazza, because Johnson isn't felt to have a future here either. I understand about Cust and Barton. But why DH Johnson all the time instead of Piazza?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By oaktownfan (76.236.69.26) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 01:58 pm:

Maybe DJ is in to increase his value in a trade this offseason.

So far, looks good as he has set a career high in HRs and RBIs this year. He's also shown some solid power since AUG as he's hit 8 HRs/23 RBIs and around an .800 OPS in 35 games the past 1.5 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By deajay (207.200.116.200) on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 02:41 pm:

Right on, OTF, he is a part of their future if they can't deal him; but I think it's mostly about showcasing him, I'm sure. And he is also contributing with his bat quite nicely. A win-win situation. He is actually putting up some decent numbers except for the BA, but it's the timely hits and RBIs that matter, IMO. Probably would have been better but I think he missed about the first month of the season and except for the one good month ... he and Cust had jointly (May?), he has been sporadic. I think he might do very well in the NL.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Questions? Comments? Corrections? Please contact info@oaklandfans.com.